I've a table saw, compound mitre saw and dremel. What to make?

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
I've also got a finish nailer, brad nailer and staple gun.

@denverpilot 's thread about homemade gadgetry as gifts got me thinking that it's been a while since I've used those tools and I've got a niece's birthday coming up.

playhouse (for outside)

How old is niece?
I'm made a few hope chests. Fun project that can be as simple or complex as you like. Something she have for years.

smoke house ... or just a house!

But on a smaller scale, I second the picture frame comment above. My wife's a painter, and I want to start making frames for her, but she finds such good deals on frames at Hobby Lobby, I don't think I can make them for what she buys them for.

She's 12. Her birthday's next month, so a house might be out. And I think an airplane might need more tools than I currently have.

Small cedar chest.
I'm currently refurbishing one of these that my grandfather built as a present for my sister. This can be pretty simple to build and depending on the gift, quite well received. Of course you can make them darned fancy too.

Be careful what you wish for. I had those tools, and a few others, and ended up having to build Mrs. GRG55 a new house. :cool:

Be careful what you wish for. I had those tools, and a few others, and ended up having to build Mrs. GRG55 a new house. :cool:

These tools are from when I laid hardwood flooring throughout the house. I would have mentioned the cleat nailer, but I can't imagine anything made using one would be of interest to a 12 year old :)

Plans available through EAA. The belt drive to the prop is pretty cool.
Not so great for a 12-year-old, but maybe for the kid of a friend/relative?

pedal planes.jpg

My small business is woodworking. I've made everything from small clocks to cabinets but I mainly stick to mission style furniture and shadow boxes and flag cases for the military and police. There are tons of plans online and on the shelves via magazines and books

Back