Towered vs non-towered airports for training

I teach out of KFDK and having taught before and after the tower was installed and the tower is not as bad as I thought it would be. I seldom have to wait in a conga line and I have gotten used to it. My students do not seem to have any issues. I just would say do not rely on the tower to do everything correctly and be ready for anything. Do not expect them not to make mistakes.

To answer that with validity, we would have to know what two airports you are trying to decide between.

For example, if one was KDAB Daytona Beach, then it is very likely you will spend 30 minutes every flight taxiing the aircraft and waiting your turn to take off.
For example if one was a X50 Massey Ranch Airpark by the time you got to 500 feet after takeoff if you were quick enough on the radio you could directly enter the traffic pattern at KEVB New Smyrna Beach a towered field. So in that regards you can have the benefits of an uncontrolled field and if you want it a towered field is literally right there.
venice municipal airport KVNC ''non-towered airport'', and northeast floridaregional airport KSGJ "towered airport''
do you have any experience in either airports ?

I got my private at a towered field. We rarely had any significant or costly delays, at least relating to the tower/traffic and it got me used to being on the radio and making all sorts of different pattern entries/variations early on. The tower was usually very good about switching us to right traffic or extending a downwind or whatever so we could keep doing touch and gos without getting in the way of arriving/departing traffic. Maybe once in 5-10 lessons there would be a delay waiting for other aircraft to depart or land but usually no more than a minute or two.

I've seen class D fields with less traffic than my current home uncontrolled.... it really just depends on the airport.

venice municipal airport KVNC ''non-towered airport'', and northeast floridaregional airport KSGJ "towered airport''
do you have any experience in either airports ?

yea sgj has a good diner, its a fairly sleepy airport for a towered runway though you might get lots of riddle rats clogging up the pattern

from vnc you got srq 20 miles to the north which is class charlie and then sarasota class b is right there too. i would go to the uncontrolled as it frees you up a bit and there is plenty of towered airspace close by for when you need it

guys i have concern about if i trained in the un-towered airport if there is any possibility thats in the future when i apply to a job the operator refuses or under-estimate me because i was trained in un-towered airport ( in another way is the operator gives any attention to where and how i got my training )
it's URGENT case please help !!!

guys i have concern about if i trained in the un-towered airport if there is any possibility thats in the future when i apply to a job the operator refuses or under-estimate me because i was trained in un-towered airport ( in another way is the operator gives any attention to where and how i got my training )
As long as you get the appropriate training in towered operations you'll do fine.

Lol, guessing you're trolling, but in the slim chance you're not, the answer is. NO.

Yeah, fishing or not, it makes no difference as long as you're capable of doing it.

I learned the pattern and landings at a non-towered, and then switched to a towered right before I solo'd. I think it was perfect that way. I learned to watch for traffic early and it's ingrained, and then I learned comms at towered after I had the basics down.

Back