WingXPro7 for $19.99!

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
Got an email overnight and it seems legit:

WingX Pro7 for just $19.99!

This isn't something we usually do, and something we might not do again, but we're doing it now - WingX Pro7 for just $19.99 - that's about a 75% discount! Whether you are new to WingX Pro7 or a current user, you can buy a one year subscription for just $19.99 on the Apple App Store. If you have a current subscription, your new subscription will extend your current subscription; i.e. you won't lose time because you renewed early.

This crazy offer is not limited to student pilots or pilots who use other EFBs - everyone can take advantage of this offer - feel free to forward this email to friends and fellow pilots. CFIs and Military pilots get WingX Pro7 for free (see below).

WingX Pro7 subscriptions apply to WingX Pro7 for iOS, WingX Pro7 for Android, and WingX Pro7 for Fire.

* Take advantage of this offer ASAP - it could end at any time...
* This offer is not available via our phone Support line.

Does not affect me since I renewed my CFI and should get it for free next time around. Just wanted to share.

S.gif

Done - renewed at this amazing low price!

I'm not a WingX user, although if I were it appears I would be paying $0 since I am a flight instructor. My only concern is that because this is still such a small market, a massive price drop for a subscription service is a little alarming, and possibly indicative of cash flow issues. I hope I'm wrong, as a lot of folks seem to like WingX, but when I see a huge price drop it makes me concerned for the long-term viability of the product and future enhancements.

I'm not a WingX user, although if I were it appears I would be paying $0 since I am a flight instructor. My only concern is that because this is still such a small market, a massive price drop for a subscription service is a little alarming, and possibly indicative of cash flow issues. I hope I'm wrong, as a lot of folks seem to like WingX, but when I see a huge price drop it makes me concerned for the long-term viability of the product and future enhancements.

They often do discounts around Christmas. Could be just trying to get people to use WingX instead of FF. Could be an issue though.

I'll tack another year onto my subscription at this rate.

hey...why the alarm over $20? I'll take it....if it doesn't pan out I gots nothing to lose.

Doing a quick google search, I don't seen any WingX reviews more recent than 2013. Is it basically on par with FF and GP for IFR flying?

I'm currently using FltPlan Go.

My only concern is that because this is still such a small market, a massive price drop for a subscription service is a little alarming, and possibly indicative of cash flow issues.

As opposed to full page ad's in most flying related publications - I am a big believer in that a good product sells itself, so if you have to spend heavy on advertising,that indicates to me that a particular product has reached market saturation.

They all ( with some exceptions) like to create a wee bit of buzz about this time of year, some ( no names ) seem to constantly run 'special' deals - that one I would be more worried about than WingX

Is there a link?

check the App Store....I opened the WingX app and looked at the updates in the accounts and subscriptions and made the purchase from there.

Yup, the $19.99 price is also thru WingX app. no need for thr app store if you're already a subscriber.

Doing a quick google search, I don't seen any WingX reviews more recent than 2013. Is it basically on par with FF and GP for IFR flying?

I've used WingX for a few years. Started on it because it supported my ADSB solution... have no issues with it.

I've been a long time user too and really like the program. $20 for another year was too good to pass up so I tacked on another year. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes it's on par with both. You also get synthetic vision for no additional cost. Split screen is also very handy.

I bought in. Installed the trial version a couple years ago, but it expired before I got the chance to use it in the plane. In do like the easy to read fonts! My issue with the iPad apps is short battery life. My plane has no electrical system, so I'm limited to the internal battery that's good for 1.5 hours max. I can double that easily with my Android tablet.

My issue with the iPad apps is short battery life. My plane has no electrical system, so I'm limited to the internal battery that's good for 1.5 hours max. I can double that easily with my Android tablet.

I bought two of these. One for my iPad and the other for my iLevil. I can fly all day now with no issues. They also come in really handy at fly-ins like AirVenture and Sun-N-Fun.

https://www.amazon.com/EC-Technolog...383745&sr=8-37&keywords=External+ipad+battery

Can WingX sync to a garmin panel (load flight plans, etc.) the way FF and GP do? If so I may give it a try for $20.

Wonder if Foreflight will follow suit.

NFW. No @@@@ing way.

Garmin pilot had a deal couple years ago. Nothing since.

FlyQ is tearing it up now with discounts. And FF had been going the other way - prices going up.

And for those new to WingX or just a bit rusty, you can use this guide as either an intro or to brush up... http://bit.ly/2cvFoQB

Well, spent my $20. Nicer interface than FltPlan Go for sure but I'm not sure WingX does anything that FltPlan Go can't do other than Synthetic Viz I guess...

I am a foreflight user but have been wanting to try wingx. Thanks, I just subscribed!

Georeferenced instrument plates are not in the $20 basic subscription but georeferenced airport diagrams are.

From Hilton...

Hi,

Some pilots reported that our email went to Spam and they only just saw the email about the $19.99 special.

So, we're extending it another 12 hours until about 5pm ET (although it might end earlier or later, so get in early if you want it).

Have a great weekend,

Hilton

Back