Just sold my first airplane. Let the crying commence.

Tampico Trauma

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mauled Formerly known as Tampico Trauma
Congrats to John and Mari on buying their first plane.... I'll sure miss her. What a great first plane and time builder.

61d61c6e1f754ae25976266b0d593e24.jpg
1d3d8af5d22a862101c50fb98c46c643.jpg

Now onto the next adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no... The plane definitely looks nice. :cryin::cryin: We sold our first plane earlier this year. There were some tears involved even though we know she
- went into good hands and
- wasn't the right plane for us.

So I understand your ambiguity in letting your first plane go.

What will be your next plane?

Oh no... The plane definitely looks nice. :cryin::cryin: We sold our first plane earlier this year. There were some tears involved even though we know she
- went into good hands and
- wasn't the right plane for us.

So I understand your ambiguity in letting your first plane go.

What will be your next plane?

Exactly my situation.

Out of the hundreds I spent in advertising, I ended up meeting the buyer at a breakfast fly-in--he was having breakfast with his wife when I taxied in.

The winds are pointing towards a few nice dual tailwheel Maules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold my first plane 4 years ago. Still haven't got over it. A guy on the Red Board was looking for one, life circumstances dictated I sell her. 2 weeks later she was gone. Still haven't moved on to the next step.

So I guess the second happiest day in the life of an aircraft owner isn't the day it's sold...;)

Maybe you can make a video about your experience and call it The Crying Game. Oh, that's already taken.... :D

Seriously, though, that's a beautiful plane. I'm sure that the new owners will enjoy it as much as you did. Also, fun to have cash in hand when shopping for the next aircraft!!

Which one was the pilot! John or Mari?

Sold my first last year too. Haven't yet purchased another, but it is sure fun to daydream....

Clearly you need a Grumman Albatross. :)

The wife already 86ed that idea. Said something about my tendency to drink beer when I'm on a boat and something about being too big....

But, hey, I'm sure Jimmy Buffett's wife didn't like when he bought his Albatross.

The wife already 86ed that idea. Said something about my tendency to drink beer when I'm on a boat and something about being too big....

But, hey, I'm sure Jimmy Buffett's wife didn't like when he bought his Albatross.

Well, you can work up to it like Jimmy did. Get a Lake Amphibian.

I am in the process of buying a lake cabin. I can't afford upgrading my plane and the cabin. Common snake eyes... Daddy needs an upgrade!

I am calling my stock choices a huge as gamble but they have to support my plane habit. My work will pay for the cabin and upkeep but an upgrade? Not happening without a hit in the stock market!

Back