A friend just got his first plane

Sid459

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Sid459
Hey all need yor help.
I have a friend that just got his first plane and I wanted to know if there is any traditions for someone getting there first such as cutting a tee shirt for first solo.
Any thoughts?

Buy a bottle of booze and crack it over the nose of the plane, like they do for ships, and give it a ****ing name. Or buy a bottle of booze for him/her, and help 'em drink it.

Hey all need yor help.
I have a friend that just got his first plane and I wanted to know if there is any traditions for someone getting there first such as cutting a tee shirt for first solo.
Any thoughts?

Emptying their bank account. (I kid!)

Buy a bottle of booze and crack it over the nose of the plane, like they do for ships, and give it a ****ing name. Or buy a bottle of booze for him/her, and help 'em drink it.
I like the help them drink it part. But he isn't a drinking person

I like the help them drink it part. But he isn't a drinking person

All the more for you! Buy what you like since he doesn't care.

Edit: Card got to it first.

I'm not sure you want to smack the bottle over the nose of the aircraft.... it's likely to leave a dent. :)

Go out to dinner now, while he can still afford it.

Bring gallons of Av gas. It's like a 16 year old kid looking for gas money.

Direct him over to POA so he can post pictures.Then he can hear all about why he chose the wrong plane, the wrong engine, the wrong upholstery, the wrong panel layout and how big of an idiot he was.

Direct him over to POA so he can post pictures.Then he can hear all about why he chose the wrong plane, the wrong engine, the wrong upholstery, the wrong panel layout and how big of an idiot he was.
I dont even need pictures.

Thats the worst _________ model _________ I've ever seen. The Panel/color/GPS/Radios/Seats are absolutely horrible. I guarantee that its not airworthy and I'm calling my/your/random FSDO to report it. You should have bought a Bo/Twin Comanche/SuperCub/185/RV instead.

The new owner is required to give you a ride.

Celebrate by having him perform this exercise with you: Have him flex the spine of his check book so it's loose and limber, then have him sign all the checks and hand them over to you. :p

I think an inaugural flight for breakfast of the $100 hamburger is warranted. Then booze it up when you get back home.

Get him an iPad so he doesn't kill himself?

Hey all need yor help.
Any thoughts?
Yes, buy him a BURGER! (at a not-too-distant airport ... after he flies you there) :)
And learn English. ;)

Back