Must sell my beautiful RV-6 :-(

Sorry to hear Neal.
Did you post it on VAF as well?

Nice bird, but a double post from classifieds.

very sorry to hear.

But by the grace of God go I........

I still miss the airplane you had before... the one with the most descriptive paint job :D

Last thing I need is another plane

I know asking a RV guy this is like asking a fisherman how big the fish was...

...but.. How fast does she cruse and what's she burn?

She's a little faster than 160 kts. 160 would be at lower power settings. At full throttle, altitude 7500-8500' MSL and almost 2700 rpm, I'd usually see 195, sometimes even 200 mph TAS, which is like 168-170 kts. On a cool day in smooth air at 6500 msl, I've even been able to bump up close to Vne in level cruise. This plane is rigged exceptionally well, and clean, and flies hands-free level. Probably 8.3-8.5 gph too at altitude.

Honestly, she's beautiful and if I had a larger hangar I'd really debate a high speed lower fuel burn semi acro tailwheel for sure, looks like tons of fun!

Id wager you'll not have her in the market too long, looks like a nice plane.

Sorry Neal, but priorities are right. People first, then things. Here's hoping whoever is having the medical issues gets better.

Medical expenses :(

Expenses or losing your medical? I own a medical business and can tell you that 50% of the patients don't pay their bill UNLESS they have to make a return visit. I don't even bother submitting to the credit bureau anymore as it doesn't effect their ability to purchase anything.

Sorry to hear you have to sell your airplane. I'm curious, how often did you actually adjust the pitch of the prop? Obviously, the range of payload isn't that large, so is that a traveling vs. aerobatic type thing?

Expenses or losing your medical? I own a medical business and can tell you that 50% of the patients don't pay their bill UNLESS they have to make a return visit. I don't even bother submitting to the credit bureau anymore as it doesn't effect their ability to purchase anything.
PM sent.

Sorry to hear you have to sell your airplane. I'm curious, how often did you actually adjust the pitch of the prop? Obviously, the range of payload isn't that large, so is that a traveling vs. aerobatic type thing?

Actually I never really changed the pitch since I found the happy place with it. Being ground adjustable is not so much for making frequent adjustments on an RV as it is for fine-tuning the prop pitch to match the engine, airframe, and general field elevation range of the airports you typically fly out of the most.

I did one one summer of lowering the pitch for summertime flying out of high density altitude mountain airports, but for the most part I've kept it set at a good balance of takeoff performance and cruise speed for flying in the flatlands of the middle of the USA. I don't do acro really at all, my stomach rebels at acro. I've rolled it a few times for fun, just because... but haven't even done that in a couple years or more.
The RV-6 ain't no Pitts or Christen Eagle... it's a fast, comfortable, nimble and sporty cross country cruising machine that's capable of some limited "gentleman's acro". If you really want to do acro, you need to sit on the centerline with the stick in your right hand and the throttle in the left. Rolling a plane while sitting on the left side with the stick in your left hand and the throttle in your right just feels.... weird.

I like your phone number --- Nine 4 oh 7 ate 1 sex too tree zero

I use this number system: won too tree fore fife sikhs sevin ate nein zip

Back