Do planes have one wing or two?

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
The latest in hot topics for PoA discussion! Discuss! (Another opportunity presented to mscard88 to get banned. :) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to chicken wings? They're usually pretty awfully on airline flights.

Single engine prop planes have 2, Bi-planes and Twins have 3. Turbofan planes have only 1

upload_2016-10-30_9-33-19.png
images
images
images

Last edited:
Chicken wings are a luxury on domestic flights. I usually get only peanuts.

Does that mean that on luxury international flights one would get a leg?

Cathay Pacific business class feeds you well. A round trip to SE Asia costs (the company) six grand, but I easily consume half that in food and booze. Okay that's a bit of a stretch but the same tab at a restaurant would be several hundred. And the FA's have nice legs.

really depends right?
I mean what is a plane?

Take the wings off and is it a plane without wings?
Remove the tail section and is it a plane w/o wings and a tail or is it just a cockpit.

I think wings are required for the plane to be considered a plane and thus if a plane had wings, it would mean it has an additional set.

So my take is a plane doesn't have wings at all.

I know that's pretty freakin deep.

Perhaps there is another meaning to the question but:

Can you remove the wings separately? If so then remove them and count them.

The wings make the airplane an air plane. It can't plane without wings so without them it ceases to be an airplane.

And, most important, it's not the size of the wing that matters, it's how well it uses it's airfoil.

But you're forgetting the air in airplane. Wings don't mean chit. You need air! Hence AIRplane. Forget what plane refers to.

They have a "Set of Wings." o_O Unless it is a powered parachute or helicopter.

Who and what kind of person thinks this stuff up? :dunno:

Most planes like Piper , Cirrus, Boeing and Airbus use 1 wing set.

Flying squirrels don't have any wings. <insert 'mind blown' pic here>

Helicopters have wings you fool. Look up.....they are spinning above your head. Usually at least two of them, just like most Airplanes.

The choot is a wing too.....

If an airplane loses everything, for example, outboard of the starboard side of the fuselage just before it crashes, does the average person, (including aviators) say "it lost half it's wing" or "it lost the right wing"?

But if it was a powered parachute or helicopter then it would not be an airplane and the question was in reference to planes.

Helicopters have wings you fool. Look up.....they are spinning above your head. Usually at least two of them, just like most Airplanes.

Helicopters don't fly.... they just beat the air into submission

Monkey wrench in works:

Mooney's have one wing. It is made in one piece from tip to tip and the fuselage bolts on top of the wing.

Not sure if all of them were built that way but I know some were.

Monkey wrench in works:

Mooney's have one wing. It is made in one piece from tip to tip and the fuselage bolts on top of the wing.

Not sure if all of them were built that way but I know some were.

All of them, from the original M20 through the new M20-V.

Some aircraft might have what can possibly be considered a single wing structurally but for all intents and purposes and also by way of convention, they have two wings. Do you refer to the left wing and the right wing when talking about them or do you say the left portion and right portion of the wing.

Back