Sully Coming Out Of Retirement?

That happens a lot in comedy, and SNL is no exception.

I did like the old style Cessna Yokes. Just like the 172C I fly.

The spoof of Tom Hanks with Sully on Jimmy Kimmel was much funnier. Even Hanks loved it.

Agreed, this was actually funny. The Sully parody was... not.

Yeah, most of the SNL skit fell pretty flat for me too. I think good comedy usually needs to have a few more grains of truth in it.

Last edited:
That sketch was designed to be viewed while on N2O. (As was this comment.)

Yeah, this fell flat for me as well. Kind of cool to see them use the correct US Airways badge, though.

I know I'm gonna be trashed here, but I have never in 40 years thought SNL was funny... many of the individual comedians in their own right are great, but the skits? I usually consider them to be dry and not that funny...

I think the presidential debate parodies on SNL are hilarious!! That is their wheelhouse.

I know I'm gonna be trashed here, but I have never in 40 years thought SNL was funny... many of the individual comedians in their own right are great, but the skits? I usually consider them to be dry and not that funny...

I think they used to be funny in the '80s and '90s, with occasional glimpses of humor thereafter. I remember reading somewhere were people always seemed to think the SNL era of their late teens was the funniest; that's certainly true for me so maybe the humor has to do with your level of maturity?

I think the presidential debate parodies on SNL are hilarious!! That is their wheelhouse.
But even the current skits pale in comparison to the 2008 Palin spoofs. I mean you couldn't ask for better material in the 2016 election.

I feel the same way. Particularly with the Trump/Hillary spoofs - the candidates themselves are more entertaining.

that wasn't the un-funniest skit I've ever seen on SNL but there sure was a lot of 'dead air'.

but there have been some freakin hilarious skits throughout the years....celebrity jeapordy, the cheerleading skits with will farrell, more cowbell (pretty much anything with will farrell), the target lady was kinda funny, debbie downer....

but yeah, a lot of cr@p mixed in there plus quite a few years where it totally sucked. admittedly I haven't watched it in years.

That was effin stupid. What a waste of my bandwidth. Now where's my cat videos at.....?

Bass0matic not funny???!!!???
Philistine!

I feel the same way. Particularly with the Trump/Hillary spoofs - the candidates themselves are more entertaining.
It probably depends on which candidate you are supporting.

If you are a Hillary supporter you probably found the Trump/Hillary skit to be hilarious.

If you were a Trump supporter you probably did not find it to be funny at all, because it – well – hit too close to home, and was waaaay too accurate for comfort.

Last edited:

If you are a Hillary supporter and you probably found the Trump/Hillary skit to be hilarious.

If you were a Trump supporter you probably did not find it to be funny at all, because it – well – hit clue too close to home, and was waaaay too accurate for comfort.

I'm reporting you. If I get banned for brushing politics and you go full CNN on us, you'll get your due process too.:mad:

If you are a Hillary supporter you probably found the Trump/Hillary skit to be hilarious.

If you were a Trump supporter you probably did not find it to be funny at all, because it – well – hit too close to home, and was waaaay too accurate for comfort.
The truth is; Practically everybody can find something funny about Mr Trump, no denying that, but when Ms Clinton is portrayed realistically, it's no laughing matter.

By the way, I just finished Sully's book, and it was a great read!

I think good comedy usually needs to have a few more grains of truth in it.
That is my understanding of humor/comedy too.
In this case, the implications do not jive with real world for me.
They must be running out of material. Or actually, they have run out a few decades ago. :(

That is my understanding of humor/comedy too.
In this case, the implications do not jive with real world for me.
They must be running out of material. Or actually, they have run out a few decades ago. :(

They can no longer make fun of anybody but politicians and that has run its course. That show stopped being funny in the eighties.

Back