My Story and Top 10 Places in North America

I'll have to say that you are spending your Marti Gras in the wrong part of town if you are appalled by the filth. Try uptown or the garden district next time - or try riding in a parade; it's a whole new take on the festival.

For anyone else who was reading his Nola list - Tulane and the Warehouse district are no where near each other. Don't get confused. ;)

I'll have to say that you are spending your Marti Gras in the wrong part of town if you are appalled by the filth. Try uptown or the garden district next time - or try riding in a parade; it's a whole new take on the festival.

For anyone else who was reading his Nola list - Tulane and the Warehouse district are no where near each other. Don't get confused. ;)
Ya, I'm thinking about giving Mardi gras another chance after all the feedback about it. That experience was in my first trip to NoLa and I hadn't learned to escape the French quarter yet.

Totally forgot about the garden district, made a lot of good memories there, but on the other hand I have a feeling we could run an entire thread on that city and still come up shy in its description.

Cute photo. Sailing through makes you an accurate commentator, right! Ryan, here's a suggestion. Go to Trip Advisor.com, open an account, start filing all the travel stories you want that friends and family seem to ignore....
People will read your often inaccurate reports, thank you and you'll accumulate points for your bs. Then maybe we can get back to aviation here....just saying...
You sell real estate there?

You sell real estate there?
Haha, if that's directed at me I probably should. I tell everyone to go to NOLA when they mention travel. Here's some photos my ex girlfriend took as well as a drawing I did of my ex in a French shotgun style apartment off St. Charles:

Attachments

• Vanessa.jpg
    Vanessa.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Hand Grenade 3.jpg
    Hand Grenade 3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Second Line 1.jpg
    Second Line 1.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Mike Tyson.jpg
    Mike Tyson.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 38
That third one she took and is watermarked and copyrighted so don't go using it unless you want to get sued by a sexy, vengeful little lady.

Haha, if that's directed at me I probably should. I tell everyone to go to NOLA when they mention travel. Here's some photos my ex girlfriend took as well as a drawing I did of my ex in a French shotgun style apartment off St. Charles:
No, it was for riki, who got very defensive about the well-known crime issues in Belize.

No Montana on that list = crap list. Try again.
Billings is the only place in MT I've really explored, but I don't think there was much to distinguish that area. Of course that's my experience, care to share where and why you think it belongs up there?

What a coincidence! I grew up in San Pedro!

... California.
Even more coincidence, I had a catalytic converter stolen off my Element the next town over (seriously). We must be related or something :D

Nauga,
and his virtual surreality

Even more coincidence, I had a catalytic converter stolen off my Element the next town over (seriously). We must be related or something :D

Nauga,
and his virtual surreality
We need to start a Honda element support group.

Two or three years ago, maybe a bit more, but that's kinda disappointing. Anyone who bought land on West Yucatán ten years ago is a freaking millionaire now.

In that case I'd offer up Isla Mujeres as a great alternative. Just North of Cancun, kinda like a cheaper Cozumel, and hopefully it hasn't exploded like the rest of the peninsula.

I'm liking the beaches south of San Pedro Pochutla, OAX these days. Super chill and away from the crowds.

Billings is the only place in MT I've really explored...
So when you said you've explored North America "in it's entirety", that meant entirely all of it except the whole state of MT other than the town of Billings?

The phrase "in it's entirety" is a tough claim to back up.

Cool stories though, you have gotten around more than most!

@Ryan Young , good job staying mostly clear of the haters. We're cut from the same cloth. I used to tell stories about hitchiking across the Sahara, and people would laugh because they assumed it had to be BS.

PM me your info and let's stay in touch this cruising season, especially if you're staying in Florida a while.

Also, if you don't already know it, Shantaram.

Oh by the way, technically Guatemala and Belize are in Central America, not North America. And Hawaii, while a state of the US, is not within the North American continent.

Oh by the way, technically Guatemala and Belize are in Central America, not North America. And Hawaii, while a state of the US, is not within the North American continent.

Ive been around. Id start with the National Parks. Now National Parks where you can fly. Well you can fly OVER national parks (I flew over Old Faithful when it was erupting!) and you can fly and land NEAR national parks. For instance Marble Canyon is at the BOTTOM of the Grand Canyon, albeit, not in the park. Has a cool cafe too. I flew the 1/2 mile off the coast of California most of the way and I can tell you some of it is really spectacular from the air. I flew around Mt McKinley at 14k and wow what a thrill! There is an airport in the Idaho back country that is a hoot! Has a lodge and a restuarant, nice grass strip etc.
Marble Colorado has a private airport that is fun and a thrill. Old mining ghost town filled with Marble slabs. If you go in the spring when the desert is blooming, Death Valley is spectacular and has an airport right at the 5 star lodge bring your lover! Macinac Island. Roche harbor (near Friday Harbor) has a great airport and neat town within walking distance. You can land at Friday harbor in a seaplane and you are right downtown! 1000 islands on the St Lawrence Seaway is highly recommended. Some amazing castles built on islands. Beautiful from the air.
I used to go to Gold Medal Trout rivers and most of the ones in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana have small airports near them. Get a guide go on a dory trip and catch a trout! Great Trip! Terrific lodge nearby for dinner and night. There are lots more places that are spectacular in the USA!

Back