Apollo GX series Data Card

Scott Cruise

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Scott Cruise
I am badly in need of a data card for the Apollo GX series GPS. It appears as though my card has malfunctioned. I know they are hard to find, but if anyone knows of any contacts that may be able to help, please let me know. I am looking to upgrade to a 430 but I am trying to wait a bit longer to save up some money. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!!

Easy to find on eBay. I bet Jepp will sell you one, too.

I saw only one on eBay. I'll keep looking and contact Jepp tomorrow. I was told they don't make them anymore. Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if Jepp sells a card with an update, or do they just sell the data and you use the card reader gizmo to program the card?

I'm looking to get a database update for my GX55 but I don't want to buy the reader to do it.

Do you know if Jepp sells a card with an update, or do they just sell the data and you use the card reader gizmo to program the card?

I'm looking to get a database update for my GX55 but I don't want to buy the reader to do it.
I have the card reader. I was on with tech support earlier and he did not think they sold them anymore. I'm calling them tomorrow. My computer is picking up the card reader but not the card. I flew it IFR about three weeks ago. I had taken it out to update and decided to do a quick VFR flight. The GPS said no database so I think my actual card has died. I'll call Jeppesen tomorrow and update.

Jeep sells a one time update but you still have to have the reader to do it. They used to sell programmed cards but i'm not sure if they still do.

Jeep sells a one time update but you still have to have the reader to do it. They used to sell programmed cards but i'm not sure if they still do.

I have a GX55 with an outdated database. I have been looking through all the forums and I see I have a few choices to pursue. Buy Jepp subscription, buy a card reader/writer (hard to find), or find someone who has the database already and can create a new memory card. I do have the 4MB card already in my GX55.

Thanks,

Little tip. The GX cards are just standard 4mb pcmcia flash memory cards. You can get them off of ebay real cheap. I think my last one cost $7, shipping included.

Thanks for the info on the memory card. However, I'm looking to update the database to be current with the Navdata. Do you know of any sources to get the database updated?

Thanks for the info on the memory card. However, I'm looking to update the database to be current with the Navdata. Do you know of any sources to get the database updated?

As far as I know, you have to go to Jepp. At one time there was a guy in CA, Planeexchange, that charged $50 for a one-time update with exchange card, but I think Jeppesen may have sat on him as he doesn't offer the service anymore. How he did it I dunno, because you can only copy the download once from your hard drive.

One time update from Jepp is $200. Pretty steep. A full year s $400.

Back