Daily Pic

At the bottom of the LMFP radial ramp is an arresting net, just in case someone stumbles and falls, it may keep you from an 80ft fall into the tree tops. Someone was down there in the net taking pictures last weekend, here's a shot of me leaving the ramp from below.

launch2-jpg.48299

Attachments

• Launch2.jpg
    Launch2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 752
At the bottom of the LMFP radial ramp is an arresting net, just in case someone stumbles and falls, it may keep you from an 80ft fall into the tree tops. Someone was down there in the net taking pictures last weekend, here's a shot of me leaving the ramp from below.

launch2-jpg.48299

Who says flying is expensive!!

Picked my dad up for his inaugural flight after getting my PPL this spring. It took a while for us to connect but we finally made a mission and made it happen. Short hop from 3DW to KBPK to pick up dad. Then from KBPK to KASG for the Razorback game. He has over 12,000 hours in the military a long time ago... this ended up being more like a checkride.

A moment to remember.
Benjamin

Picked my dad up for his inaugural flight after getting my PPL this spring. It took a while for us to connect but we finally made a mission and made it happen. Short hop from 3DW to KBPK to pick up dad. Then from KBPK to KASG for the Razorback game. He has over 12,000 hours in the military a long time ago... this ended up being more like a checkride.

A moment to remember.
Benjamin

:thumbsup:, what memories are made of...:yes:

Saturday, 10/08/2016, at Niagara Falls International Airport (KIAG): When we came back from the Niagara Falls, we found our Mooney sitting with two buddies on the ramp - probably sharing her latest adventures... ;):):D

rps20161016_200804.jpg

Last edited:
Is the graphic showing the present configuration of the bleed air system? I see two engines, APU, can't decipher the rest.

Is the graphic showing the present configuration of the bleed air system? I see two engines, APU, can't decipher the rest.
Yep, it's the environmental control system synoptic page. The bottom stuff shows cabin altitude, rate of change in cabin altitude, and cockpit and cabin to ambient differential pressure

A few more questions, the green boxes air conditioning units? What is the valve going to that's on the port side, but not starboard?

OK, thanks! Systems stuff like this is interesting to me, learning HOW airplanes work is just as much fun to me as flying them.
Yea systems was really interesting and also mind blowing for me since it was the first time I'd seen something so complex.

The shiny new USS Detroit, in front of Detroit's Renaissance Center:
g0012567_filtered1_small-jpg.48595

Promotional video:

Attachments

• G0012567_filtered1_small.jpg
    G0012567_filtered1_small.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 505

A moment to remember.
Benjamin

That was awesome!!

Picture taken sometime in the mid 1980s. I don't remember who took the picture, one of my buddies from Colts Neck probably, but it's me in the T-Craft I owned at the time.

Back then you didn't need a radio to fly the "slot".

NC33903.jpg

Picture taken sometime in the mid 1980s. I don't remember who took the picture, one of my buddies from Colts Neck probably, but it's me in the T-Craft I owned at the time.

Back then you didn't need a radio to fly the "slot".

NC33903.jpg

Wow that is a sobering photo...stupid question but are you still allowed to fly anywhere near downtown New York like that?

Wow that is a sobering photo...stupid question but are you still allowed to fly anywhere near downtown New York like that?

Yup, still allowed, though there are more specific procedures you have to follow and you need a radio. I haven't done it since the late '80s, though.

Yup, still allowed, though there are more specific procedures you have to follow and you need a radio. I haven't done it since the late '80s, though.

Wow im surprised they still allow that after 9/11 but that's good!

Flying from Detroit to Morgantown (KMGW) - this is a picture from the Maumee Bay. Toledo cannot be seen but is there too. :)

Toledo.jpg

Last edited:
Photo dump of a few pictures off my phone from the last couple of months!

412a464c73c1403006275a8f50d6ca02.jpg

Newport, OR at sunrise

045510a619184e9e9e6fc56482b93576.jpg

About the fly into dense over the Central Valley, clouds left a gorgeous shadow. Girlfriend snap chatted it..

801ba8fffd8c9251fdf70981471e605c.jpg

Sunset over the Central Valley

c3bd5446619cdb7df5c30a6b1b95b5cf.jpg

Citabria at Clarksburg

4ee6b9df9915e40da60628be90371822.jpg

Lake Tahoe from 14000'

185a914847da6423e4e6703bd9fe20bd.jpg

Entering the LA Basin

0eb88367f1b9bbd0983dd0c8f911396b.jpg

Getting a selfie with a jet landing in st.maarteen

Seen on the ramp at KGIF yesterday:
IMG_2280.JPG IMG_2282.JPG

Wanted to join this thread since there are so many amazing pictures on it. Here's an oldie of me flying by the spires near Kuwait City. I think circa 2004.

View attachment 48815

Yeah...I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was taken January 2004. Actually, January 20, 2004 to be exact.

Am I close? :p:D:)

Back