Junueau 10-2-16

Nice! I flew up there in Early July. Some of the most spectacular flying I've ever done. I Flew with a CFI named Brice that has a nice hangar with a few planes in it. We took up an old 172 of his and I flew out over the glaciers and then down in the river valleys for almost two hours. I think he cut me a deal, as it was only about $180.00 +tax. It was the highlight of our family's cruise vacation, and so happy it worked out. I just called him spur-of-moment! My only regret was, that I was too busy flying to take some pics!

Nice! I flew up there in Early July. Some of the most spectacular flying I've ever done. I Flew with a CFI named Brice that has a nice hangar with a few planes in it. We took up an old 172 of his and I flew out over the glaciers and then down in the river valleys for almost two hours. I think he cut me a deal, as it was only about $180.00 +tax. It was the highlight of our family's cruise vacation, and so happy it worked out. I just called him spur-of-moment! My only regret was, that I was too busy flying to take some pics!

Wondering if it was Boyce B. Has a hanger on the west end of the field. Has a Cherokee 6, a 172, twin don't remember. ATP, worked for FAA, CFI. Great guy. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Juneau.

Yep! That's the guy! Sorry about messing up his name. He was supper nice and let me do all the flying. He said he'd take over if it looked like I was going to kill us or bend the plane. He never touched the controls, I'm happy to say! :0) He showed me his Cherokee after we got back along with other planes in the hangar. That Cherokee is very nice! We flew nap-of-the-earth thru the valleys and over the glacial ice fields with the wingtip a couple hundred feet from the sides of the mountain slopes! It was PHENOMENAL!!

Back