Monday Night Football vs. Presidential Debate...What are you watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sooner watch Moe and Curly debate, with Larry as moderator.

I'll probably just put in a Sporty's training dvd.....

Teaching at the local university this evening. Something useful - data structures and algorithms in java.

I'd sooner watch Moe and Curly debate, with Larry as moderator.QUOTE]

I could watch them EVERY day, and did when I was a kid. Wait does that mean I'm still a kid? Well got that going for me then. Where's the beeches? :cool:

Heading that way, that or communism

IdiocracyPres.png

They'll probably have the debate on at work. Hopefully get a flight and not be forced to watch it.

As a Falcons fan, I will be watching the game. Otherwise I would be watching anything other than the debate. Nothing either one says will change my mind. I predict Hillary will spend over 1/2 her time not answering or even acknowledging the questions, the press will ignore this completely. Trump will say something stupid and the press will run with it.

Won't likely watch either one. Especially not watching a debate which leaves out at least one 3rd party candidate (technically two) who is on the ballot in all 50 states. The rules for being considered for inclusion in the debates are rigged, which has denied a somewhat rational candidate from getting to steal time away from those other two travesties.

Rigged for sure.

Look what happened to Bernie, after their DNCs BS was exposed.

Can we manage to discuss debate vs. football without getting into the individual candidates and parties?

I thought chat was dead?
As I understand it, chat on the new platform will require a monetary investment. Not quite sure where we are with our budget or if there will be enough use to make it worthwhile. If anyone is curious, maybe they can start another thread about it.

In the meantime you can go to FB or Twitter to have your live debate discussion. :eek2:

As I understand it, chat on the new platform will require a monetary investment. Not quite sure where we are with our budget or if there will be enough use to make it worthwhile. If anyone is curious, maybe they can start another thread about it.

In the meantime you can go to FB or Twitter to have your live debate discussion. :eek2:
Does POA have a Facebook page?

Does POA have a Facebook page?
No, but until I started clicking on "hide this" and "show less of this", my news feed was full of friends itching for political discussion.

ESPN: Falcons
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Turkeys

ESPN: Saints
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Definitely not saints

ESPN: Running backs and defensive backs
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Throwbacks and drawbacks

ESPN: Fantasy stats
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Fantasy facts

ESPN: Drew Brees
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Truth flees

ESPN: Unsportsmanlike conduct -- taunting
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Ditto

ESPN: Coin flip
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: No kidding <sigh>

Last edited:
Because the alternative is anarchy. Although at this point, I am not sure which would be worse. Anarchy or what we have now.

Anarchy means no leaders, so you are correct that the alternative to having leaders is not having them. But you haven't really answered the question. I don't need to be led. If you feel that you need to be led you should be able to explain why.

I'll be watching prerecorded "Dancing with the Stars" since pizza night encroaches on the 8pm hour. The media will totally screw up any assemblance of what really happened tomorrow making for great entertainment. It would be more worthwhile if the dems and the reps didn't exclude the other candidates but that's probably why we use donkeys and elephants to describe them.

I recorded both....I hate commercials.

Surprising the debate will not have any, with an expected 100 million viewers, they could have charge Super Bowl rates !!

Surprising the debate will not have any, with an expected 100 million viewers, they could have charge Super Bowl rates !!

you are right about that...they could have used the money and donated to somthing.

you are right about that...they could have used the money and donated to something.

Hopefully they'd start the donations to the national debt. Obviously all charities in line after the national debt will have to go home with a participation prize!

Did the rules here change suddenly?

Amazing what a good vibe POA has when real talk is allowed. I'm loving it!

ESPN: Falcons
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Turkeys

ESPN: Saints
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Definitely not saints

ESPN: Running backs and defensive backs
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Throwbacks and drawbacks

ESPN: Fantasy stats
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Fantasy facts

ESPN: Drew Brees
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: Truth flees

ESPN: Unsportsmanlike conduct -- taunting

ESPN: Coin flip
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC: No kidding <sigh>

You forgot:

TV Land: Fantasy Island

and Dancing With the Stars will be on:
C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC

I'm not going to watch either because I have not paid the BBC my license fee and even though its an act which is an agreement between two parties and not a law, the damn police are medaling in civil matters and not sticking to criminal matters as those wankers should.

I'm not going to watch either because I have not paid the BBC my license fee and even though its an act which is an agreement between two parties and not a law, the damn police are medaling in civil matters and not sticking to criminal matters as those wankers should.

Meddling, because civil matters is not a competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back