shrinking fields

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
today I flew from and to fields I've been to too many times to mention. both of them completely disappeared on me and I had trouble finding them until I was almost on top of them. has anyone else had issues finding 'familiar' fields? wtf is wrong with me (don't answer that)? is it maybe just the time of year when the trees are full therefore making the field harder to find? I was pretty surprised, but everything worked out fine with two squeaky landings and a ri-gawd-darned-diculously delicious brisket samich in the middle. hhmmff.

Maybe a change in the features around the fields? Development, clearing, diffrent crops, or sub-divided farms? New or changed roads? Just the unconcious clues look diffrent niw. . .

Situational awareness suffers with BBQ based distractions. I read it in the PHAK (or maybe imagined it, dunno).

Maybe a change in the features around the fields? Development, clearing, diffrent crops, or sub-divided farms? New or changed roads? Just the unconcious clues look diffrent niw. . .

interesting you say that, as the field we flew to has been plowing down trees, which you'd think would make it easier to spot, and the easy-to-spot red-and-white water tower right next to our departing field has now been painted a greyish color that blends in with the scenery around it. but still, both were pretty tough to spot, both today and my last flight as well.

Eye exams:
An important part of....

14xjfjr.jpg

Were you stuck on line "E"? I had a hard time seeing much past there too. ;)

that small r I think it is, that's why I'm looking so hard (huh huh I said hard)

Last edited:
Back