Any KBUR Overnight PIREPS?

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
Headed down Monday for a few days of work in Downtown LA and planning on going onto BUR with my 182. Class C's are a non issue for me, familiar with the airspace, trying to save a few bucks is not my driving factor (within reason)...so looking for FBO experiences for a two night stay.

Gonna be smack between BUR and HHR but the rest of my team is departing out of BUR via Spam Cans and getting to BUR to get out is gonna be the easiest logistically for ground transportation and I don't really wanna go anywhere near SMO currently and don't need to go further north to WHP.

Other than a "Google It" or "Call the FBO" answers...anyone been to either of the BUR FBO's overnight in a single?

Stayed at Atlantic a few years ago. evryone was great. Let us borrow a crew car for a few hours.

Keep in mind WHP is only 4 miles from BUR, and has better access to I-5. I'm tied up there right now, for a Hollywood gig.

Headed down Monday for a few days of work in Downtown LA and planning on going onto BUR with my 182. Class C's are a non issue for me, familiar with the airspace, trying to save a few bucks is not my driving factor (within reason)...so looking for FBO experiences for a two night stay.

Gonna be smack between BUR and HHR but the rest of my team is departing out of BUR via Spam Cans and getting to BUR to get out is gonna be the easiest logistically for ground transportation and I don't really wanna go anywhere near SMO currently and don't need to go further north to WHP.

Other than a "Google It" or "Call the FBO" answers...anyone been to either of the BUR FBO's overnight in a single?

Used Atlantic at BUR numerous times in piston singles. Have always had a good experience. Crew cars or shuttle to the main terminal. Just pricey fuel. But you knew that.

Thanks...after some digging around and suggestions here Atlantic it is...just wanted to make sure there were no "avoid like the plague" pitfalls anywhere!

I work at BUR and highly recommend KWHP, especially if cost is a concern! The additional drive-time (10 min) is more than offset by the cost-savings.

Looking for the quickest escape from Downtown LA at 6pm!
Helicopter.

Too bad the Glendale and Griffith fields have both been closed for decades....

The Hollywood Fwy is going to be a disaster any way you look at it. Compton may very well be faster....at least there is a carpool lane on the Harbor Fwy.

I went to KWHP and didn't regret it. Nice airport with friendly people. I had a conference downtown.

I went to KWHP and didn't regret it. Nice airport with friendly people. I had a conference downtown.
I went there over the weekend. Nice airport, but I did have two gripes:

1. It was MOBBED. Apparently there was an open house, and everyone and their mother flew in.
2. The terminal has been relocated, but there is no way to tell from the field side, and it's very poorly marked. It's in the building labeled "VISTA AVIATION," and you have to go there to pay the overnight fee ($5).

I went there over the weekend. Nice airport, but I did have two gripes:

1. It was MOBBED. Apparently there was an open house, and everyone and their mother flew in.
2. The terminal has been relocated, but there is no way to tell from the field side, and it's very poorly marked. It's in the building labeled "VISTA AVIATION," and you have to go there to pay the overnight fee ($5).
It was pretty sleepy when I was there, but there was a small group just outside the gate that had a booth setup and were selling some aviation nick knacks as a fund raiser. My taxi driver got lost picking me up (in today's GPS world?) so I killed some time talking with them. It seemed like a really nice aviation community to me.

Don't be there in the first place. Has worked well for me since having to work in Burbank for a few months in 1992.

Unfortunately my clients dictate the location I need to be. Downton LA is certainly not in the top list of my choices!

Used Atlantic Aviation at BUR. Super friendly arriving even with a single engine put put plane. Waived ramp fees with overpriced gas purchase and only changed me one night tie down of $25 for a two night stay. BUR was super easy VFR and other than a 360 on arrival to follow a purple 737 in it was quick and painless. Heading back to Beverly Hills in two weeks and will probably head to Atlantic there again.

The next leg of BUR of FUL when departing of a whopping 15 minutes flight time vs 1.5 hours dive time according to the Googles was a great reminder of why I do this!

KWHP is my home drone. Definitely cheaper than Burbank and yeah about 10 minutes from KBUR. $5 tie downs and much cheaper fuel than Burbank. Good services on the field too if you need anything. At least 3 decent mx shops.

Back