Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

It's so seldom that Bryan disappoints but...

Shoulda been...

Spankin' The Hefe Monkey XC

:)

You posed them in front of a GermanWings plane instead... got it! ;-)
yikes! Is that what that is??? I literally googled "white commercial plane" crap! I'd never intend to be that offensive...

When are you flying in?
@EdFred - so what will take to get you to upgrade from 'if i might head down' to 'when'? I've got some sweet coozies leftover from Oshkosh - like enough to replace the cushions in a chair.

Much as I like to fly it, somewhere in the part 91 regs it says I need to wait for that paper from OKC :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, some everyday pilsner and #8 Belgian dubbel will be on offer.

Well, if I got the last cabin, does anyone got a spare room for @EdFred ?

You posed them in front of a GermanWings plane instead... got it! ;-)

Hey @TangoWhiskey Judge Rules.... "HE's SAFE!!!"
I knew I wouldn't do that.

Germania airlines....

Original (shopped) pic before the label cropped it. I feel better.
gast2.jpg

A completely non offensive airline. Makes me want a cold beer.

6rmVWsa000

Gave them a call and got moved a little closer to the gang - to cabin 2. Thanks @Geico266 !

Seems we don't have the "whose bringing what" food list. Or I have missed it.
Do we have an official plan for meal nights?

Seems we don't have the "whose bringing what" food list. Or I have missed it.
Do we have an official plan for meal nights?

Sure we do, @SixPapaCharlie

Tagging everybody else that participated in the Gaston's thread, without checking to see if you're coming or not, to ensure you see the meal plan and have a chance to sign up to bring things.

Please review your registration at this link and confirm attendance, days, cabin number, airplane N-number, etc:

http://whoozin.com/Q7G-Y9J-TJ3M

@Geico266 @Ted DuPuis @frfly172 @Tomahawk674 @ARFlyer @timwinters @AggieMike88 @Let'sgoflying! @gprellwitz @denverpilot @flyingcheesehead @overdrive148 @Unit74 @Greg Bockelman @Clark1961 @Lance F @EdFred @CJones @SCCutler @linuxjim @Bob Bement @cheap weenie @GMascelli @Bill Jennings @MotoFlier @Anymouse @FreqFlyrJr @brian] @Kiddo's Driver @bbchien @OkieFlyer @tecprotb @masloki @AdamZ @simtech @ytodd @172andyou @Everskyward @BellyUpFish @James_Dean @cowman @mscard88 @Hank S

======= TO UPDATE, COPY FROM HERE, INCLUDING THIS LINE, INTO A NEW MESSAGE

Gaston's 2016 Shared Meal Plan

Copy and paste between/including the ===== lines to add on what you're bringing.

Please look at what others have signed up to bring before you sign up... and use common sense! We need more hamburger than we do lettuce or onion, for example, so if two people are bringing lettuce, look for something else to augment, that hasn't been picked. If everything looks well-covered, sign up to bring more beer!

THURSDAY NIGHT:
Pizza feed, as usual (pitch in some cash, we order pizza)

FRIDAY NIGHT:
"Taco Whatever" -- sign up to bring fixin's and you can assemble beef, chicken, or veggie nachos, soft or crunchy tacos, salad, or burrito wraps from all the ingredients sitting out on the table.

THINGS WE NEED (pick a couple items): ground beef, fajita beef or chicken, chicken breast or shredded chicken, taco seasoning, small and large tortillas, taco shells, tortilla chips, taco sauce, lots of salsa, avocados, onions and mints, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, sliced black olives, beer, soft drinks, dessert, plates/solo cups/napkins/plastic cutlery are always welcomed, anything else you want that you don't see here.

JCranford: Guacamole and Cheese
TangoWhiskey /Lady Red: ground beef, salsa, sour cream, Costco box of plastic cutlery and stack of plates.

SATURDAY:
Burgers and hot dogs and sides

THINGS WE NEED (pick a couple items): ground beef hamburger patties, hot dogs, chicken patties, veggie burgers if you're vegetarian (bring what you want!), hot dog and hamburger buns, potato chips, potato and/or macaroni salad, sliced cheese, bacon, mustard, mayo, ketchup (if you want to be publicly mocked and flogged), relish, onions and mints, beer, soft drinks, dessert, plates/solo cups/napkins/plastic cutlery are always welcomed, anything else you want that you don't see here

JCranford: Applewood dogs, pie, beer
TangoWhisky / Lady Red: buns, chips, bacon

======== COPY TO HERE, INCLUDING THIS LINE, PUT YOUR STUFF IN BETWEEN

@TangoWhiskey

Friday Night: I got Taco seasoning, cheese & tortillas.
Both Nights: I'' bring some microbrews from Little Rock.

How many pounds of meat are we cooking for the tacos? I'll need to know roughly for the seasoning packets. Also I'll bring both hot and mild packets.

Copy and paste between/including the ===== lines to add on what you're bringing.

Please look at what others have signed up to bring before you sign up... and use common sense! We need more hamburger than we do lettuce or onion, for example, so if two people are bringing lettuce, look for something else to augment, that hasn't been picked. If everything looks well-covered, sign up to bring more beer!

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:
"Taco Whatever" -- sign up to bring fixin's and you can assemble beef, chicken, or veggie nachos, soft or crunchy tacos, salad, or burrito wraps from all the ingredients sitting out on the table.

THINGS WE NEED (pick a couple items): ground beef, fajita beef or chicken, chicken breast or shredded chicken, taco seasoning, small and large tortillas, taco shells, tortilla chips, taco sauce, lots of salsa, avocados, onions and mints, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, sliced black olives, beer, soft drinks, dessert, plates/solo cups/napkins/plastic cutlery are always welcomed, anything else you want that you don't see here.

TangoWhiskey /Lady Red: ground beef, salsa, sour cream, Costco box of plastic cutlery and stack of plates.
TerryD/Kim: Fajita Chicken, Shredded Cheese, Large Tortillas.

SATURDAY:

THINGS WE NEED (pick a couple items): ground beef hamburger patties, hot dogs, chicken patties, veggie burgers if you're vegetarian (bring what you want!), hot dog and hamburger buns, potato chips, potato and/or macaroni salad, sliced cheese, bacon, mustard, mayo, ketchup (if you want to be publicly mocked and flogged), relish, onions and mints, beer, soft drinks, dessert, plates/solo cups/napkins/plastic cutlery are always welcomed, anything else you want that you don't see here

TerryD/Kim: Sliced Cheese, Mustard/Mayo/Ketchup, Soft Drinks, Plates/Cups/Spoons/Forks.

@TangoWhiskey

Friday Night: I got Taco seasoning, cheese & tortillas.
Both Nights: I'' bring some microbrews from Little Rock.

How many pounds of meat are we cooking for the tacos? I'll need to know roughly for the seasoning packets. Also I'll bring both hot and mild packets.

Thanks @ARFlyer! Can you copy and paste from TerryD's post #339, and add your items please?

So far the website shows 27 confirmed attendees. 6# will probably be enough for tacos... That's just under a quarter pound per person, and not everybody will have beef. So as long as we sign up for 6-8# we'll be okay--the rest will get used the next evening for burgers.

Ok, cool. I also added an arrivals list to since we're three weeks out. @TangoWhiskey

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:

THINGS WE NEED (pick a couple items): ground beef, fajita beef or chicken, chicken breast, tortilla chips, taco sauce, lots of salsa, avocados, onions and mints, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, sliced black olives, beer, soft drinks, dessert, plates/solo cups/napkins/plastic cutlery are always welcomed, anything else you want that you don't see here.

ARFlyer: Seasoning, Tortillas & Shells, Cheese, Beer

SATURDAY:

TerryD/Kim: Sliced Cheese, Mustard/Mayo/Ketchup, Soft Drinks, Plates/Cups/Spoons/Forks.
ARFlyer: Beer

=========ARRIVALS INFORMATION=============
NAME---------DAYS---------#---------TAIL----------CABIN
ARFlyer------Th-Sun ------1---------TIM's----------16----

Last edited:
@TangoWhiskey

The whoozin link is wagging out this morning. It was working about midnight but now I get:

"Server Error in "/" Application"

Also, for some reason, I didn't get an alert letting me know that you tagged me in the above post. Maybe tagging doesn't work in the sub forums???

(Did you get an alert that tagged you in this post?)

Last edited:

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:

THINGS WE NEED (pick a couple items): ground beef, fajita beef or chicken, chicken breast, tortilla chips, taco sauce, lots of salsa, avocados, onions and mints, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, sliced black olives, beer, soft drinks, dessert, plates/solo cups/napkins/plastic cutlery are always welcomed, anything else you want that you don't see here.

TimWinters: Tim's chocolate ice cream & salsa

SATURDAY:

TimWinters: potato and macaroni salads.

I added a couple things. Also, check what other people are bringing so we dont end up with too much of one thing. Beer excluded...

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:

JCranford: Guacamole,Cheese, pico de gallo

SATURDAY:

JCranford: Applewood dogs, buns, homemade pie, beer

I added a couple things. Also, check what other people are bringing so we dont end up with too much of one thing. Beer excluded...

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:

TimMyers: Sour cream, jalapenos, black olives, onions, I can cut this all up in the RV

SATURDAY:

TimMyers: several packs of dogs, mets, brats, some hot sausage type

Should I assume to bring buns to match the dogs I get?

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:

DanaD: Beer, Smoked pulled pork

SATURDAY:

DanaD: Beer, special carrot salad

THURSDAY NIGHT:

FRIDAY NIGHT:

DanaD: Beer, Smoked pulled pork
TimMyers: Onions, Sour Cream, Jalapenos, Black Olives

SATURDAY:

DanaD: Beer, special carrot salad
TimMyers: Brats, Mets, and Spicy Sausage Dogs with Buns

Drinking one of my few remaining bottles of @SixPapaCharlie Bryan Turner's Gaston's 2015 home brew, Right Rudder Oktoberfest. Beginning mental prep for Gaston's 2016 in a couple of weeks!

125171b179576f34716297204a92861b.jpg

228b476943b8528b832b71f92ca836f7.jpg

I almost went with a topless Martha but decided to dial it back a bit.

Did you get, or have to even, permission from the Kings to use their image? Just curious as I don't really GAS.

Last edited:
Did you get, or have to even, permission from the Kings to use their image? Just curious as I don't really GAS.

Send 'em a case. They have to promise to drink it in one sitting and videotape whatever happens in front of the green screen. LOL

Becoming fearful that I cannot make it. Butt if I can manage, say, arrive Thursday, depart Saturday, anyone got a bed I can crash on?

You HAVE to make it, Spike. You might not get to see me for three more years. Worse, you might not get to see SHARON for three more years.

Becoming fearful that I cannot make it. Butt if I can manage, say, arrive Thursday, depart Saturday, anyone got a bed I can crash on?
Dammit Spike!!!
This is not how I raised you.

Put your big boy pants on and fly yourself like a man.
Anything else in your life happening at this time is not as important (unless it like totally is)

I honestly don't see how I can carve out the time.

But I imagine I will.

Back