How to Preflight the Preflight of a Piper Cherokee (A Satire... sorta)

So many gems in there!
I have watched it about 6 times and keep spotting little things I didn't notice.

original.jpg

That plane towing the glider was awesome timing.

And I filmed that part at an airport I've never been to before and because it look small/not busy (didn't want anyone to wonder wtf I was doing). Couldn't have been more wrong! That place was hopping. They were towing out gliders back to back... folks were landing and taking off on the grass alongside the runway... they had a bbq party going... lol

My one critique is that the video was kind of long.

Agreed. I thought about breaking it up into two parts, but then just got sick of dealing with youtube editor. I actually wanted to redo some of it to shorten it down, but it would have probably taken me another week to get around to that and finally said f- it.

Worth the wait! Now let the dueling videos begin. Great job Cajun.

Agreed. I thought about breaking it up into two parts, but then just got sick of dealing with youtube editor. I actually wanted to redo some of it to shorten it down, but it would have probably taken me another week to get around to that and finally said f- it.

I say critique insofar as it's something negative... but it's a critique akin to "the apple pie could use a little more ice cream."

Also... in your other videos, where did you mount the GoPro in the back? Just stuck it to the window facing forward?

Also... in your other videos, where did you mount the GoPro in the back? Just stuck it to the window facing forward?

right seat window. I did the Katama one using a clip on the dashboard, but problem with that is that the dash is so gross that it's distracting.

finally, someone that understands my struggle and can relate. I always take a shot or two when planning a flight, not because I drink a lot but to calm the nerves during the money seeking phase and to help get over the amount or "squawks" my plane has.

I'm a little disappointed in Cajun for taking a shot before flying. I guess I figured her for a straight out of the bottle kinda girl

Nice job, is your friend available ;)

Sorry, no! ;) Her husband was actually in the backseat. Truth is she has flown with me a couple times and loves it - has "fun" during turbulence. He dad used to be a pilot before the whole wife/kids thing, and it's something she's always wanted to do as well... just doesn't have the $$$ yet. It was, however, her husband's first time up in a small plane and I was thankfully able to make it a very positive experience for him... even managed to nail all my landings, despite some decent crosswinds at one of the airports.

@Acrodustertoo - Sorry for the lack of explosions and Bogart references. Next time.

Bottle of Jack Daniels - $16.99
Bag of Breasts - $4.89
Cost of services rendered on first date found on Craigslist Romance - $100

"Put the Money in this FAA bag" at bank heist - Priceless, for all else there is MasterCard

I've always wondered all these years, and after saying his name probably a hundred thousand times, just who in the hell is this Roger dude. Now I at least have his phone number.

Back