Give a gal a lift... (California)

Do you mind giving people lifts in your plane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, if I understand correctly...

Cavorter = Robert Lomas + Amanda + EdFred + Kenny Tan + this rtk11 fella - Sac/Eman * 6PC

WHOA. How the heck did I end up in that disturbing collective?

If I'm going to be disturbing, I can do that all by my lonesome!
p>

How did we go from 6PC to Robert Lomax to Kenny Tan. I need flight following...
Rtk11, POA approach. Be advised, traffic passing overhead at 2000 in the opposite direction, aircraft type "the joke". Caution wake turbulence.

Also I still have Kenny's friend request sitting in my inbox for FB. Can't bring myself to do it.

Someone actually was kind enough to half-offer me a ride from Pacoima to San Jose. For whatever reason I can't find this post right now. I have an afternoon event in Palo Alto so a lift to San Jose Sunday would be wonderful! Depending on timing,,, that would be great. Please inbox me if you see this... oh and I was hoping to "get a lift" -- e.g., hitch-hike but let's talk... Life is short, why not?!
I flew it down today. The aircraft has an annoying squawk. The right side window won't stay open and it gets toasty on the ground. Today would not have been appropriate for a first timer. Winds up to 30 knots at altitude. Smooth at 9000 but continuous light chop below 6000, just enough for every airliner on frequency to complain about it. Burbank and Whiteman had gusty 15-25 knot winds in opposite directions.

I'd suggest a shorter trip to start, with someone local. This one is about 2.5 hours (one way) in a $130/hour plane. There is very little room for stuff. I'm a musician and the trombone fits exactly in both back seats.

But if you really want to depart for San Jose in Santa Ana's on a flight that will cost you well over $100 with no stuff, PM me with actual weight. Keep in mind I don't know you, so I will insist on meeting you before letting you in the aircraft. If airsickness is the slightest possibility, this is a very bad idea.

Next Sunday evening I will be flying up from Long Beach to concord, may have room for another rider, it's one way though.

Winds up to 30 knots at altitude. Smooth at 9000 but continuous light chop below 6000, just enough for every airliner on frequency to complain about it. Burbank and Whiteman had gusty 15-25 knot winds in opposite directions.
Yeah, that mirrors my experience today...Cable to French Valley and back with mild Santa Ana offshore winds. Never got above about 5800', but there was some veerrry interesting turbulence at the base of the San Gabriels.

6PC can you have Amanda return and entertain us? Is that possible, I dunno, but you know, someone that invented Cross Country Monkey brew, well you would be the one IMO. Maybe you could interview her and you tube it for us to enjoy? That'd be cool. I think. Remember though, she has to be a heavy, no! Not wake turbulence heavy silly, a 400 pounder! A Big Mac supersized if you will.

Maybe you could interview her and you tube it for us to enjoy? That'd be cool. I think.

It's early for me so I had to rub my eyes twice before I realized you were typing TUBE and not LUBE. :eek::oops:

Hmm I used tube and Amanda in the same post....wonder what that means, a tube for Amanda or something? :eek:

Yeah, that mirrors my experience today...Cable to French Valley and back with mild Santa Ana offshore winds. Never got above about 5800', but there was some veerrry interesting turbulence at the base of the San Gabriels.
The NWS forecast doesn't look good. Red flag warning with gusts to 45 MPH, from Santa Barbara to Hollywood Hills. If that happens, I'm stuck. That's over personal minimums for taxi and takeoff. I'll try an early departure to get it manageable.

Definitely not first timer weather.

The NWS forecast doesn't look good. Red flag warning with gusts to 45 MPH, from Santa Barbara to Hollywood Hills. If that happens, I'm stuck. That's over personal minimums for taxi and takeoff. I'll try an early departure to get it manageable.

Definitely not first timer weather.
Yesterday was the first time ever that lower was better for me. Did a lap around Crapalina... When I went up to 4500 for the transit across, it was bumpy as hell. Below 3k was fine. Normally it is the reverse.

Got flight following yesterday. Delta checked in with Albuquerque Center a split second before me, "Center, Delta1234 with you at twenty-five, smooth." I couldn't resist, "Albuquerque Center, Cherokee Five Six Six Zero Uniform with you at six thousand five hundred, light chop." She laughed and thanked me.

Got flight following yesterday. Delta checked in with Albuquerque Center a split second before me, "Center, Delta1234 with you at twenty-five, smooth." I couldn't resist, "Albuquerque Center, Cherokee Five Six Six Zero Uniform with you at six thousand five hundred, light chop." She laughed and thanked me.

you radical you

Yesterday was the first time ever that lower was better for me. Did a lap around Crapalina... When I went up to 4500 for the transit across, it was bumpy as hell. Below 3k was fine. Normally it is the reverse.
Well, right now, the only site reporting significant wind is Sandberg. So I guess I'm not flying over Grapevine, but otherwise I won't worry. There is an airmet tango for moderate turbulence and LLWS, but how bad can it be with every site reporting calm wind? Much less wind at altitude than Friday.

Wait...so we had a girl in here thst was looking to offer up some 'fun" in exchange for a ride, and we got so focused on 6PC that no one thought any of the following?

1. This might be a good idea!!
2. Isn't this a quid pro quo commercial op?
3. Omg, this might be a really good idea?
4. I'm on my way.

Shame.

Wait...so we had a girl in here thst was looking to offer up some 'fun" in exchange for a ride, and we got so focused on 6PC that no one thought any of the following?

1. This might be a good idea!!
2. Isn't this a quid pro quo commercial op?
3. Omg, this might be a really good idea?
4. I'm on my way.

Shame.

4 predominates even though those involved would rather cop to 2 instead, but I doubt anyone is under the illusion that 1 or 3 apply.

That's a problem. If we do have someone who is being a jerk and posting under multiple names to "have fun", other members might become leery of any new member who posts something that could be considered unusual and automatically throw the troll alert and post replies that could chase away someone that might be legit and good to have around. I'm not saying that this is the case on this thread but it seems as if it does happen frequently enough to be a concern.

Geez at least Robert/6PC could post some more Amanda crap for us, back on topic now!

I bet you did your best chuck Yeager voice on that one!

Why do you call it "Crapalina"??

That means you're "fairly certain" as well?

No, I am just adamant that I don't use other profiles on here.

I would love to. I was telling @JCranford last night that I think it would be funny as hell to create some fake female persona on here named "Kim Trails" and do a number of things. I would have fun with that.

But I don't because suppose @robert lomax (who is real by the way. I confirmed it) or @Amanda B have a question and the response is "Screw you, we know who you really are..." Now a side effect of me creating other profiles is that real people are being treated as though they are not legit. That will happen but it won't be because my schtick is pretending to be other people. I don't and I won't. I've got plenty of stuff on my rap sheet but fake profiles isn't one of them. I am pretty open with my shenanigans.

Anyway, this is just one thing I really wish to stress is not something I do.

Back