Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

We have cabin 6, so have a couple unused beds if anyone wants to chip in.

And we are certainly available to transport all the non-grass-landing-Cirrus pilots coming out.

We reserved Cabin 6 months ago. I just called and spoke with Gayle. John, you guys are in cabin 4. Mr Tim Winters has cabin 5. This is going to be a fun place to hang out!!

We reserved Cabin 6 months ago. I just called and spoke with Gayle. John, you guys are in cabin 4. Mr Tim Winters has cabin 5. This is going to be a fun place to hang out!!
John almost got you some roommates

Brisket? I swear somebody volunteered to cook up a mess of Costco $3 /lb prime grade brisket...

Those trees are a no factor at Gastons. Here is a landing I make at a place called The Minam Lodge in Oregon where the trees are getting closer each year.
[yt]fVxDKXjWkT8[/yt]

This time next month we'll be sipping Bryan's bathtub gin and eating Sloppy Joe's!

Flying T. Or is that 2000? Seemed like 1500 with the slight tailwind!

Flying T. Or is that 2000? Seemed like 1500 with the slight tailwind!
Oh that's right... you chauffeured Ray and Brian out to get 140G.

What ever length it really is, it'd definitely smaller than what we routinely use. Good job!!

I got my flight plan inserted into my 696 Garmin. over 1400 miles from S49 to 3m0. A great cross country. I hope the VFR weather holds up for us.

It's 505 nm from here in LA. And Airnav says it's now 23MU (formerly 3MO).

Where the he11 is "Osceola, Missouri"? I thought he was a Seminole Indian, and they're in S. Florida. Yep, Google just confirmed that, and wow! He was born here . . . In the little town of almost 5000 people where I work.

For the noob, where does the name "Gaston's" come from? I'd probably call it "Osceola" if I was flying by, because "Municipal" doesn't roll smoothly off my tongue.

Lol. You aren't the only one to make that error. You are looking for three mike zero. That is Gaston's.

Three Mike Oscar is Osceola Missouri. That is where I spent many summers I Boy Scout Camp.

The name comes from the original owners Name Jim Gaston, I think was his name. He was part of the Aerial Circus group of Jim Gaston, and the Cole brothers. I think this is correct.

I wonder how many people end up at 3MO (tree Mike Oscar) and wonder where everybody is?

We're at 3M0 (tree Mike zero), y'all!!
I know one PoAer who flew from Chicago and landed at 3MO by mistake. He wondered if he should come over, but it was dark by then and we convinced him not to try it. Obviously, he wasn't familiar with Gastons to attempt a night landing.

Ok, so meal plan:

Thursday arrivals:. Order pizza (tradition)

Friday night: "Taco Whatever" -- sign up to bring fixin's and you can assemble beef, chicken, or veggie nachos, soft or crunchy tacos, salad, or burrito wraps from all the ingredients sitting out on the table.

Saturday: Burgers and hot dogs and sides

Feel free to start signing up for what you can bring to contribute. Copy/Paste above and put your contribution item inline.

Friday night: "Taco Whatever" -- sign up to bring fixin's and you can assemble beef, chicken, or veggie nachos, soft or crunchy tacos, salad, or burrito wraps from all the ingredients sitting out on the table.

Saturday: Burgers and hot dogs and sides.

We got guacamole and cheese for Friday

Applewood dogs for Saturday

And pie

And beer...obviously

Question from a noob. Do we all just pitch in for Pizza and order it or bow how does that work

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

I would say we are about 75% now. Wife is heavily involved in her mom's care right now so might not be able to make it. We still have reservations at Bull Shoals for the RV. Will know more in a few weeks.

I would say we are about 75% now. Wife is heavily involved in her mom's care right now so might not be able to make it. We still have reservations at Bull Shoals for the RV. Will know more in a few weeks.

Sounds like your WIFE can't come. She's very busy. YOU on the other hand...:D

That is a possibility time will tell

Do you guys generally bring food for all your meals there? I've been a couple of times for a $100 hamburger and have never returned because the restaurant is so, well, terrible.

Do you guys generally bring food for all your meals there? I've been a couple of times for a $100 hamburger and have never returned because the restaurant is so, well, terrible.
You can also go into town to the grocery store. GAstons will provide a vehicle for you to use.

We generally do group dinners, and individual breakfasts/lunches. That may be in the restaurant, but most use the Gaston's van to make a run to the grocery store and stock their cabin fridge with what they need for a few days.

...and have never returned because the restaurant is so, well, terrible.

Terrible? I wouldn't categorize it as such. Overpriced? Yeah. But Terrible? No.

The food's pretty decent actually. The service typically sucks but the food's good.

Is this Wayne? :)

Now, if you want to talk terrible, let's talk Lambert's!!

Terrible? I wouldn't categorize it as such. Overpriced? Yeah. But Terrible? No.

The food's pretty decent actually. The service typically sucks but the food's good.

Is this Wayne? :)

Now, if you want to talk terrible, let's talk Lambert's!!

It just allows you to get more acquainted while you wait an hour to order and another hour for your food! :D

Friends don't let Friends eat at Lamberts

We are planning a stop at the farm overnight Thursday night possibly with Tom and Diana. Then fly into Gastons on Friday morning.. My Son and his wife will meet us at Gastons and spend the time there with us . He tells me he has made the reservations.

I almost went with a topless Martha but decided to dial it back a bit.

Back