rumor: no Ipad update this week

Badger

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Badger
I was hoping for a new Ipad this fall, but most web sites predict no iPad updates at the Apple meeting tomorrow.

Oh well.....

tumblr_m77kxks5541rys4czo1_r1_500.gif

Is this a call for all IOS users to rearrange their lives?

Waiting with "baited" breath for the 1PM Eastern presentation.

Wife is overdue for a new iPhone - she has my old 5s while I have a 6+.

Since its time for her to leapfrog me, we're watching the iPhone 7 introduction with interest.

I'm quite satisfied with my 6+ for now.

Rumor has it the headphone jack will be history. Like the elimination of the floppy drive, expect a lot of furor. Mostly I use Bluetooth, but in both the Element and the Jeep we need to plug in for now. And for that we'll need a "pass-through" dongle that will let us charge and have audio out at the same time, since we use Waze constantly when traveling and it really draws down the battery in a hurry.

I'm looking to get an Ipad this holiday season so I'm watching closely to see what, if anything, they come out with today. If nothing new comes along an Ipad Air 2 should do the job and hopefully it'll be on sale this Christmas. The pro is overkill for what I need.

Wife is overdue for a new iPhone - she has my old 5s while I have a 6+.
Very much the same here, though my wife's 5 was hers since new; she just waived the last few upgrades. She will be getting a 7+ (or whatever they will call it) and I will wait another year to upgrade my 6+.
I suggested to Apple that they adopt a "year" designation instead of model numbers, making this year's phone collection the iPhone 16, but they never listen to me.

Anyone else following the event?

Nothing on iPads, but nothing was rumored or expected.

Very nice update to the phone. Camera looks fantastic, especially on the 7+. Nice that prices stayed the same, and with double the storage at that. Gloss black looks nice, but out phones end up in cases regardless. Now water resistant. Glad they didn't hawk that it was even thinner - that was getting silly.

Earphone jack is gone. So it goes. Lightning earbuds and a headphone jack dongle included, but no pass-through to charge at the same time. At least not yet.

Guessing the wife will go for a 7.

Nice wireless "Airbuds", but a bit pricey at about $150.

6s and 6s+ got processor bumps and price reductions.

Watch got built-in GPS, making it much more appealing. Also now waterproof.

I wonder if all the Samsung Galaxy phones going off like Roman candles will help the 7's sales.

Ipad base storage got bumped from 16gb to 32gb with no price increase. I'll take it since 16gb was way too small. Not really excited about the 7. I'll stick to my Samsung Note 5 which isn't the one that catches on fire...

You can still get a Galaxy. Just check the option box for the onboard halon extinguishing system.

When they jumped up to $700, that was it for me. My BLU, $160 phone does everything I need. I use my old ipad and iphone with the Stratus or Foreflight, wifi only.

I generally don't get over excited about phones but the iPhone 7 does look pretty cool..

I wonder if the wireless earbuds are somehow keyed to the iPhone 7. Otherwise, they're gonna be a target for theft...pretty easy to walk up behind someone and grab them.
They retail for $150 a set, so the perp could probably make a quick sale for $40 to fund his next meth hit.

I had a co-worker who had his fancy sneakers stolen. He was hit in the head with a lead pipe and knocked out cold.

Back