Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

Until they change their reservation/cancellation policy you won't see me ever making a reservation.

They don't even take your card # when you make a reservation after you've attended for a few years.

(Prolly 'cause they have it!) :)

((Little do they know, all of mine have changed!)) :) :)

Last edited:
They don't even take your card # when you make a reservation after you've attended for a few years.

(Prolly 'cause they have it!) :)

((Little do they know, all of mine have changed!)) :) :)

Really? Every time I've called to make a reservation they've taken and charged my card.

I need your smooth talkin skills.

We're probably bringing Laurie's car, so we'll have some ability to get people via car if needed from Mountain Home.

We're probably bringing Laurie's car, so we'll have some ability to get people via car if needed from Mountain Home.

That's how you'll pick up 6PCs luggage. Flying over is faster and more fun for everything and everyone else. Haha. :)

That's how you'll pick up 6PCs luggage. Flying over is faster and more fun for everything and everyone else. Haha. :)

So by luggage, what you really mean is 6PC would be in the trunk of the car, and the suitcases would go in Tim's plane? :)

Anyone got room for one more from Chicago area? Seems the FAA medical folk need some extra time and I turn into a pumpkin end of September. Say between and including KENW and KMDW? And a nod at Clow.

If I head down, I definitely have room in the Comanche.

@EdFred - That would be a hoot - probably could do Gary so you don't go too far out of the way?

If I can get permission from the owner, and if I am up to it after the trip to get to Gaston, I may make a few ferry flights to Thunder Ridge again this year. That is if anyone dares ride with me. Some complained that they didn't get to go last time I did that.

If I can get permission from the owner, and if I am up to it after the trip to get to Gaston, I may make a few ferry flights to Thunder Ridge again this year. That is if anyone dares ride with me. Some complained that they didn't get to go last time I did that.
what is that?

I just called the owner of Thunder Ridge and got permission to land there. He invited me to stop and have some ice tea and cookies. So we will have to do that if anyone wants to fly in with me and shut down and meet Mr. Garrison . Thunder Ridge is 45AR on AirNav.com. We had fun landing there last time. At least I did.

I land in the back country of Idaho and Oregon backcountry places. So I wanted to find a place to fly some POA members into while I was at the fly in. Thunder Ridge is the place I have choosen as it is only 4 miles west and not quite standard approach.

If I get there on time to help I could fly some over to Gastons as well.

This is a picture that Leah Condon took on our flight into Thunder ridge. Over the hangar, between the two trees, and get it down on the ground before you go over and down the hill. What fun!

Attachments

• Bob Bement on  final approach to Thunder Ridge. (2).jpg
    Bob Bement on final approach to Thunder Ridge. (2).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 52
What is the identifier for Gaston's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a picture that Leah Condon took on our flight into Thunder ridge. Over the hangar, between the two trees, and get it down on the ground before you go over and down the hill. What fun!
I'd love to fly with you into Thunder Ridge!

Bob, you had previously posted video of landing at Thunder Ridge if I recall correctly. I'd love to see that again!

On another topic. MEAL PLANNING.

Thursday is traditionally pizzas ordered in, for the early arrivals.

Ideas/suggestions for group meals Friday and Saturday night? Let's start talking about WHAT we might want to have, then we can figure out who wants to volunteer to help cook it.

I brought a watermelon last year but I forgot to bring it out at dinner time.
If I end up in the same room this year and the watermelon is still there, I will bring it out this time.

Bob, you had previously posted video of landing at Thunder Ridge if I recall correctly. I'd love to see that again!

On another topic. MEAL PLANNING.

Thursday is traditionally pizzas ordered in, for the early arrivals.

Ideas/suggestions for group meals Friday and Saturday night? Let's start talking about WHAT we might want to have, then we can figure out who wants to volunteer to help cook it.
Having never been to Gastons I don't know what you have done on the past. We will be driving on and are willing to help anyway we can. Thinking sloppy Joes or pulled pork and might even bring a fresh watermelon.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

I made a flight on Friday another on Sat. and one today Monday. but I didn't turn my spot on as they were rather short hops.

Well better specific than non-specific, can't have Winters guessing body parts.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FYI, I get "No displayable messages found found for feed: 0J0EqBxLL29qTNNbV0viXnRFUeJGhiDa6" clicking on your Spot track on an iPad.

The video I got wasn't good I had something wrong with my camera, so I didn't send it to Youtube and I don't have it any more.

@Bob Bement I'd love to go over, if it's not an imposition. Never been in a tailwheel into a backcountry strip.

Depending on my mode of transportation, I'll be happy to do grocery runs. Hope I can talk @timwinters into a slight detour on his way down.

One easy idea for one of the nights is a taco buffet. Just set out the meats, veg, and tortillas and let everyone do their own thing. Next morning, use up remaining tortillas with a sausage and scrambled egg mus for breakfast tacos.

I'm going to try and make either Friday or Saturday work. Would need a ride to/from mountain home if possible in exchange for a spin in the conquest.

One easy idea for one of the nights is a taco buffet. Just set out the meats, veg, and tortillas and let everyone do their own thing. Next morning, use up remaining tortillas with a sausage and scrambled egg mus for breakfast tacos.
I'm not an expert having only attended one Gastons...I think ARFlyer handles the tacos

There's very little chance we're going to make it this year, and it's killing both of us. I haven't wanted to type that sentence, but there it is.

Part of it is we can't catch a break on my training schedule, nor do I have more than about one day of notice of any changes in it, it seems... And it's so far behind at this point, I'll be lucky to be back to work full time before December...

That frakking POS Sandel better come in this week and work after it's put back in the airplane.

There's other schedule stuff going on also, but we couldn't commit to lodging without this stuff settling down, and it hasn't.

Been wanting to hit one of these Gaston meetups for a while, but they were always scheduled while I was away at work. As it turns out, the way my schedule is now, I'll be in the States. I might have to do a trip up there with the T-craft and/or Tango.

Of course, I can pretty much guarantee that my schedule will change. We'll just have to see if it puts me out at that period of time.

The company giveth, and the company taketh away. I'll miss this by about three weeks.

Back