Pet Peeves

I believe that vegetables should not be in dessert examples are pumpkin and rhubarb pie shredded carrots in jello and carrot cake.

I believe that vegetables should not be in dessert examples are pumpkin and rhubarb pie shredded carrots in jello and carrot cake.

Aww man. Those are all yummy. With a crap ton of sugar added anyway.

Those are just alternate sugar delivery and binding mechanisms with added fiber -- versus a little fructose slowing your need for slightly less sucrose (or gasp... high fructose corn syrup).

Heh.

Pumpkin just purées into a smooth goop capable of helping texture for sugar and spice delivery to pie-hole.

Rhubarb adds tangy and fiber to sugar for delivery to pie-hole.

Carrots add crunchy weirdness to blob of gelatin and sugar. Previously mentioned pies are better for pie-hole, but this concoction for sugar delivery is okay in a pinch.

Carrots in carrot cake add moisture and crunchy to flour/sugar mass of sweet bread to be delivered to pie-hole on cake day. Without cream cheese frosting of cream cheese and sugar, carrot cake wouldn't be worth the fork lifting effort. But combined, even a pie-hole can be made happy.

Sugar sugar sugar is the key to all of the above. Haha.

(Can you tell my wife, and therefore I, have been on a diet for some time now, and sugary treats aren't on the menu? No obsession/addictive behavior here! No siree...! Damnit! I want to bake a pie! Haha.)

Last edited:
We love rhubarb! That was one of our wedding cakes.

Bestest easiest rhubarb upside down cake recipe:
6 cups chopped rhubarb
1.5 cups sugar
1 packet raspberry jello mix
Mix these together and set aside while you make a white cake batter. Pour the rhubarb mixture into bottom of a 9x13 cake pan, then pour cake batter over top.
Bake at 350f for 1 hour and enjoy.

Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy and will like it like it like it till I potty potty potty!

But, speaking of peeves....

Parking. Parking is a god given right. If you cannot give me a place to park, without charging me to park, then you don't need my business.

The street side parking at my favorite watering hole has been, for years, 2 hours until 6:00 p.m. It is now 2 hours until 10:00 p.m. A 6:00 p.m. departure from the downtown area to home simply doesn't work. I can't even think about leaving until 6:30, and 7:00 is more better. Oh well, it's been a nice place, buuut...

Kitchen sinks.

They're designed with bottoms that are way to flat and it can sometimes take.what seems like an eternity to chase particles to the garbage disposal with the sprayer.

Names....
I have now officially called both our cats the names of our four children and our four children the names of our cats. Should have just given them numbers instead!

"Never rub another man's rhubarb" -- The Joker (Jack Nicholson version)

"******nit Mr. Fluffysparkles!... I mean Brian!"

You named your cat Mr. Fluffysparkles?

Yikes.

At least my current cat came with a rather appropriate name, from the rescue shelter. Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Perseii 8. Great name for a cat, IMO. First one I didn't change instantly.

You named your cat Mr. Fluffysparkles?

Yikes.

At least my current cat came with a rather appropriate name, from the rescue shelter. Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Perseii 8. Great name for a cat, IMO. First one I didn't change instantly.

My dog is named Alexandria the First. Aka Lexi. Aka Lexibear. Aka puppy dog. Aka doggo. Aka "Dammit Lexi, move." Aka "No. NO. NO!" Aka "The continued reason for my existence." And I will post a picture of her every ******n chance I get because I love her more than a fat kid loves cake... or more than 6PC loves clicking the 'like' button on Cajun's posts.

47de862174da6356d35e6af24809ac13.jpg

We love rhubarb! That was one of our wedding cakes.

Bestest easiest rhubarb upside down cake recipe:
6 cups chopped rhubarb
1.5 cups sugar
1 packet raspberry jello mix
Mix these together and set aside while you make a white cake batter. Pour the rhubarb mixture into bottom of a 9x13 cake pan, then pour cake batter over top.
Bake at 350f for 1 hour and enjoy.

Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy and will like it like it like it till I potty potty potty!

Oh, since you put it that way and added a recipe, that changes my opinion.

Not!

Have you tried celery in place of rhubarb? Same results and a different color; how 'bout sardines and creamed peas?

Not!

Have you tried celery in place of rhubarb? Same results and a different color; how 'bout sardines and creamed peas?

But rhubarb has a taste to it, unlike celery...

My dog is named Alexandria the First. Aka Lexi. Aka Lexibear. Aka puppy dog. Aka doggo. Aka "Dammit Lexi, move." Aka "No. NO. NO!" Aka "The continued reason for my existence." And I will post a picture of her every ******n chance I get because I love her more than a fat kid loves cake... or more than 6PC loves clicking the 'like' button on Cajun's posts.

47de862174da6356d35e6af24809ac13.jpg

Rona and Dino say hi.

460dc21d852c68c53f12648d20c00979.jpg

5a7e0048498e13107d12df1454ea216b.jpg

Not!

Celery is what cheap assses put in their salad sandwiches and tater salad instead of pickles!

Had one festering today.
This happens constantly and drives me bananas.
I make a lot of call backs to people, mostly for free answers to questions.
Staff gets the Q so I call back as soon as I get a moment, (so much for my break)
No answer, so it goes to their VM. So instead of listening to their message, they hit the callback button and I have to chew up more of my free time repeating what I left on their VM! Wait to see if there is a VM! Listen to your VM! Don't immediately hit 'callback'!

Dang, this does feel good!

People who don't know how to spell "yeah."

Reminds me of a quote “Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

and the addendum

"Philosophy is wondering if ketchup is a smoothie"

Didn't the government decree that a tomatoe is a vegetable?

Had one festering today.
This happens constantly and drives me bananas.
I make a lot of call backs to people, mostly for free answers to questions.
Staff gets the Q so I call back as soon as I get a moment, (so much for my break)
No answer, so it goes to their VM. So instead of listening to their message, they hit the callback button and I have to chew up more of my free time repeating what I left on their VM! Wait to see if there is a VM! Listen to your VM! Don't immediately hit 'callback'!

Dang, this does feel good!

Dafuq? :confused:

People who write "baited breath" when they mean "bated breath."
I always imagine someone smelling like salmon eggs when I read that they are "waiting with baited breath."

People who write "facial tick" when they mean "facial tic."

I suppose the former is possible...Ew!! Quick, burn it off with a match!! :D

Back