Pet Peeves

Yeah it really was a joke as every time I was working approach w/ FC there were others around me with the .65 and other material to give me the exact answer to the questions anyway. :rolleyes:

Did you have a GCA for the PAR, like a MPN-14?

198973_par_approach_radar_screen.jpg

Believe it or not but that scope brings back good (and bad lol) memories. For you that are curious, where the arriving aircraft arrows are pointing at it's the same airplane target. The slash on the top one is from the elevation antenna (glideslope) and the bottom one is the azimuth antenna. This presentation shows the plane on course (azimuth) but not on the glide slope (elevation. Plane is in the safety cursor and about to be sent around if the target goes any further down, or the plane is approaching the glide path about to begin descent.

I've got a credit card with @eman1200's name on it. So we're both not paying. Also, bring some jerry cans for avgas. He's paying for that too. Just don't tell him.

All my credit cards are maxed out from my penile reduction surgery. It was difficult schlepping that thing around.

We were co-located with the tracon using the FPN62 when I first started running PAR approaches in '93. (don't lose your tiny screwdriver) We got the FPN22 installed on the 5th floor of the tower in 2000.

And with the old 62 you would see traffic on tower road and two targets with a B-52 or a C-141. When you had controls it got sporty servoing for the other controller when his target was at 15 miles and yours was at 2.

"This will be a no-gyro surveillance approach using PAR azimuth. Mileage will be from touchdown, missed approach point one mile. Recommended altitudes will be provided for each mile on final." <--- had to do at least one to get your rating on that POS.

Airport identifiers..... so I should leave out PAIN and EEK...?? :lol:

(Denali National park entrance and Eek, Ak...)

Believe it or not but that scope brings back good (and bad lol) memories. For you that are curious, where the arriving aircraft arrows are pointing at it's the same airplane target. The slash on the top one is from the elevation antenna (glideslope) and the bottom one is the azimuth antenna. This presentation shows the plane on course (azimuth) but not on the glide slope (elevation. Plane is in the safety cursor and about to be sent around if the target goes any further down, or the plane is approaching the glide path about to begin descent.

Yeah I remember the 2 targets because of the tail on the 141s and C5s. At Columbus when I was there the PAR could paint trucks going down the highway (45?) working 31 arrivals.

People who use part of their N-Number as their screenname on message boards. They don't even bother using the whole thing. Nope... too lazy for that. Or maybe they think it makes them sound cooler than they really are. You aren't up flying, d-bag, you're hunched over on your computer dorking out on an internet forum with a bunch of other aviation nerds like me.

Know what I'm sayin', @SixPapaCharlie ?

OMG Cajun, I'm laughing my butt off here! Too damn funny.

People who use part of their N-Number as their screenname on message boards. They don't even bother using the whole thing. Nope... too lazy for that. Or maybe they think it makes them sound cooler than they really are. You aren't up flying, d-bag, you're hunched over on your computer dorking out on an internet forum with a bunch of other aviation nerds like me.

The scary thing is, that isn't even his tail number anymore.

6PC was the airplane he trained in. I think, a Cessna 172.

So, let's have a poll on what he should really be called. I vote LeadHead.

He probably can't hear you over the sound of New Englanders sitting in front of keyboards with the words "Flyer" and "Cajun" in their name despite not being located in the south OR currently flying.

Last edited:
Oh he's hears them, and he's lurking. All I can say it better be a sensational 10,000th post and worth our waiting for it!

EPIC 6PC! We want nothing but EPIC from you!

Last edited:

Callsign: Blue KoolAid

I thought it was a TB9?

Kale, it's what my food eats. It tastes like crab-grass and should not be part of a salad.

Oh, don't even get me started. I've authored entire rants about kale. My feeling about kale is that, if you're going to eat something that tastes like rotting garbage, you might as well just eat rotting garbage.

I should expand that to most of Paneras salad selections. They used to have a 'Cobb Salad' and a 'Greek Salad'. Lately, all of their salads have been invaded by either citrus fruit or Kale, neither of which belong into a salad. It's now 'Green Goddess Cobb' and 'Modern Greek' and so on.

It shouln't be that hard.

Fruit belong into fruit salad.

You got me there. But I don't consider fruit salad to be a salad, even though it is named as such. I consider fruit salad to be a desert food, not a side dish.

You got me there. But I don't consider fruit salad to be a salad, even though it is named as such. I consider fruit salad to be a desert food, not a side dish.

Correct. It is a desert. Well, more of an excuse of a desert. It basically says 'I forgot about desert, but here are some diced fruit and some sugar so you don't notice'.

Oh, don't even get me started. I've authored entire rants about kale. My feeling about kale is that, if you're going to eat something that tastes like rotting garbage, you might as well just eat rotting garbage.

Hence, Kimchi.

Cheers

Pennies...and for that matter nickels. Round everything off to the nearest dime and be done with it.

Back