6Y9 Fly in- 2016

Two more weeks!!! So looking forward to zu 6Y9 fly-in... :blueplane::cheers:

There's a signup list on the website. I forgot to activate it for this year. Also there's a really difficult trivia question you need to answer to sign up now.

Attendee Link
You might as well go ahead and add Clark's name to the list...we all know he'll be there!

Love to see him and the Frankenkota but he wasn't there last year!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

She pops on here once in a while, but I think she's still out in the foothills.

I wish I could be there but I will be on a boat coming back down the inland passage from Alaska!

Plan on having fun but it is a toss up which would be more fun. I think Sidnaw would win!

OK, one week form tonight we will be sitting at the Prophetstown State Park in LaFayette, IN, preparing for the long drive to Sidnaw on Thursday. Might go for a Crown apple when I get there.

No worries Tim...have it in stock!
Was in Prophetstown area this past weekend...drove right by the campground ...a few times...will explain later.

Crown Apple??? When did they stop drinking real whisky in the UP :D

I just happen to know she has a bottle of the crown apple. Tried it at the Frederick Ranch back in January and liked it. She will have the real deal as well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll be stopping in clintonville on the way up for fuel and--- if a courtesy car is available---cheese curds from a great little place that makes cheese just west of town.

We're talking so fresh they squeak on your teeth cheese curds. At least they were when I was working there 6 years or so ago.

Taking orders!

Yep! IIRC the new batch is ready every Tuesday, they'll squeak for four or five days .... ;)

Bet the dogs love that. Cheese that squeaks!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We are definitely coming in less than a week now! I believe both the cabins are booked (we have one of them). We've been known to share in the past, or there's room in the "flight school" if you can't/won't camp under the wing. And we fly up when we can, but there have been years when the tops of the towers in the area have been hidden by clouds. We love it up there so much that we drive from south of Chicago if that happens. And the car rental was out of a dealership in Ewan.

We are definitely coming in less than a week now! I believe both the cabins are booked (we have one of them). We've been known to share in the past, or there's room in the "flight school" if you can't/won't camp under the wing. And we fly up when we can, but there have been years when the tops of the towers in the area have been hidden by clouds. We love it up there so much that we drive from south of Chicago if that happens. And the car rental was out of a dealership in Ewan.

Dibs!? :-D

As an FYI, once the lazy bums at the FAA finalize this medical crap, I'll be returning to 6Y9 yearly.

That's a promise that can only be usurped by my wife should she choose to do so.

As an FYI, once the lazy bums at the FAA finalize this medical crap, I'll be returning to 6Y9 yearly.

That's a promise that can only be usurped by my wife should she choose to do so.
Sounds like you'll be able to fly legally by July 16, 2017 whether they do or not. :)

I believe you still hold the record for flying the farthest!!! Richard came the farthest, but you flew the farthest-and were there at the very beginning. Will look forward to your return!

Having a few tweaks done to the plane today (prop balance, turn the rpm up a smidge, add a bit of pressure to the nose strut) and then I'm launching tomorrow! Can't wait!

I'm most likely launching after work today.

You guys(&gals) may of hit the WX lottery this year. It looks pretty good overall, through Sunday anyway. Yeah, could change some along the way. Bring a light jacket at least, a bit cool.

Some of us have to work over the holiday weekend, should be a great time at 6Y9.

You guys(&gals) may of hit the WX lottery this year. It looks pretty good overall, through Sunday anyway. Yeah, could change some along the way. Bring a light jacket at least, a bit cool.

Some of us have to work over the holiday weekend, should be a great time at 6Y9.

GASP!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!
First RULE of 6Y9 fly ins is.....never, ever, mention the "w"word!!! Ever!!! It is the biggest jinx of all!!!! You of all people should know this!!!:eek: :D

We will miss you this year! We will talk about you....that's another rule;)...and WHISSIS!!!!

We have so many that have said they were coming. Some arriving today (not counting Ed) Yes, it looks like it's shaping up to be "great".

image.jpeg Sorry about the 'W' mention, but us pilot type aren't supposed to be very superstitious, whatever will be will be. Yeah, I've gone grouse hunting in rain a bit, after all when the trip is planned you take what you get.

Just remember, one of the better U.P. beers is 'Widowmaker'. Last time I was there, 'The Station' had it on tap.

I haven't found a Keewenah beer yet that I don't like!

Well, except maybe for the pick ax blonde. It's kinda lame, a bud light microbrew.

I think we'll break with tradition and bring a few bottles of Pinot Noir.

Back