Buying an SR22 to train in

Uhh. Actually it would cost $155k for that trip for two people. Looks like fun though.

Well... You clicked on the month long slow trip stopping at various places along the way for a day or two, and also that particular trip includes a guide. You can contact them and request a concierge trip where they just do the planning/permitting for you for a whole lot cheaper. Or you could just do it yourself. The point is you can fly a SR22 from Seattle to Cape Town without any special modifications. And I'm sure you could do it for less than $85k.

Ambitious but it has been done before.

You'll get about 20 responses how this is crazy and you gonna die. Don't mind them. They mean well.

Haha so true...at the end of the day it is your money...do what YOU want to do...this forum probably won't help you all that much. I am involved with a lot of forums...from auto detailing, rc planes, computer tech, etc...this is by far the most "brutal" of them all. Take what you get from here with a grain of salt.

Oh.. I'm such a dumb bunny. I missed the pointlessness of this thread.

noob needs an SR22T GTS. It's only $850k and is meets his undefined mission undefinedly (maybe not a word)

Go spend that money! And vote for Hillary? while you're at it.

Haha so true...at the end of the day it is your money...do what YOU want to do...this forum probably won't help you all that much. I am involved with a lot of forums...from auto detailing, rc planes, computer tech, etc...this is by far the most "brutal" of them all. Take what you get from here with a grain of salt.

You must not be on any of the truck forums. LOL!

You must not be on any of the truck forums. LOL!

Haha...actually I am on an F150 forum, but haven't been on there in years...

I have learned A LOT from forums...they are a great resource, but I have learned to "pick my battles" when it comes to posting certain things. I think there are a lot of very smart guys on here - but I think a lot of times this translates into lack of humility, bumping heads, and "I AM ALWAYS RIGHT" mentality. I have seen that on here significantly more than any other forum...most the time I just duck for cover.

Car forums are the worst. Especially those lame kill stories. "I pulled up to the stop light in my civic with fart can exhaust next to a Viper and punched it and pulled two cars on him". Pity the Viper driver didn't know he was racing.

Oh wait, there is a kill story in the main forum something about a Commander taking on a TBM 930. Never mind. Maybe they are not so different after all.:D

Another child of the chute. Or another Ben.

I thought my ignore setting was on. What a disappointment. This guy absolutely loves Cirrus aircraft....(note sarcasm). Just ignore him Noob He went off on me last year when I bought my 22.

Hey frankly I think you look at it this way. Were you already planning on buying an airplane after you and your wife got you ppl? If so then it makes solid sense. If you were already going to buy it after completing your training you get double benefits by A) not have to pay for a rental plane and B) gaining experience in the aircraft you'll be flying. I learned in an SR-20 which while slower had mostly the same systems and I wasn't overwhelmed because I had a good CFI.

Back