WingX guide - may be coming....

FallenBrick

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fallen Brick
Would like to gauge if there is any interest in a free user guide for WingX ?

I have been a WingX user for years and understand the frustration of new users at the lack of a manual, often having to view out of date videos.Traveling for work leaves me with a lot of time in hotel rooms, often for up to six weeks at a time, so out of boredom I started a guide for fun and now it's over 100 pages and growing. I want to check and see if there is any interest in guide before I commit any more of my time to it. Also being too close to this , I asked my cousin and another AOPA forum member to review draft versions of the guide, but would like a few more people to 'beta test' it so to speak before its released. It's still a work in progress, the tutorial/How-to sections are done as well as most of the moving map section.

If interested , pm me and I will drop you a link to the latest draft - feedback/comments always welcome.

T.

Nice of you to do all their work for them and make it free.

That's just because I am a giving type of person.

I realized I didn't include some screen grabs on the initial post.

Attachments

• cover1.JPG
    cover1.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Menu1.JPG
    Menu1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Menu2.JPG
    Menu2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 35
I couple of people have reached out to me, so I thought I would include a few more images to give you an idea the direction we are heading.

The final version is still a few weeks away but we are getting there !!

Attachments

• Index1.jpg
    Index1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Index2.PNG
    Index2.PNG
    124.2 KB · Views: 24
Red or blue pill ?

Attachments

• nomanual.JPG
    nomanual.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 16
New version of the app released today

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks to all of you who expressed an interest in the WingX guide. I have emailed a link to a pre-release draft of the guide to select users and I really welcome any feedback or suggestions on how to improve it.

As it is still draft, page breaks etc all still remain to be cleaned up and a few small minor edits made.

I just wanted to comment that Tony is doing a nice job on the manual. I have been helping review and provide feedback. I think it will be a great reference for new WingX users. Hilton has good tutorial videos on YouTube but it can be a pain to watch through five minutes of video just to find the specific feature or instruction you are looking for help on. I can also see the manual being useful for those that are looking at and comparing the various EFBs to help get a feel for the program.

Agree with Mike Tony is my cousin and has been working on his passion project for a few weeks now. It definitely would appeal to the new WingX user but I know from reviewing it, it reminded me of a few features I didn't know or forgotten about.

Looking forward to the final product.

Back