My wife took her first lesson today

saddletramp

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saddletramp
I was the CFI. It's hard to believe that she went from her first airplane ride with me last fall, to buying an airplane, & now is really wanting to learn. I still pinch myself.

We covered preflight, taxi, run-up, takeoff, & straight & level flight. She did great & was doing very coordinated turns. She said she felt "giddy". I think that's a good thing.

I think she'll do fine in our 182. It's all about what you're used to.

Next flight Sunday morning.
IMG_0708.JPG

Congrats!

She'll do fine in a 182. Easier to fly than a 172.

Outstanding!

My wife went down this road 20 years ago, 5 years after I got my ticket. We've shared flight time ever since, and explored the continent together!

When she passes her checkride, she gets a certificate from us for a free night's stay at Amelia's Landing. Let us know! :)

Awesome, keep us updated on her training. She couldn't ask for a better teacher! ;)

Wayyyy cool! Best insurance to have, your mate capable of flying if something were to happen to you, heaven forbid. But more importantly, the fun and closeness y'all will have doing something in common. Best to her, 182 one of the best. :thumbsup:

Very cool. It makes things so much easier if both partners are pilots.

Soon the two of you will fight who will do the flight... ;) Talking from experience as I have to share my time as PIC with my husband...:D

That is just pretty cool, Saddletramp! That way when you are traveling together, you can take a nap! :)

I didn't know C-182's had openable windows on both sides. That is great.

Eight years ago, at 53 yrs old, my wife got her ppl and we bought a 172. That wasn't fast enough for her, so with almost 1,000 hours now, she is a master with our Bonanza. It really makes a marriage more fun when you can both enjoy such a fantastic hobby.

Best of luck to her, and keep encouraging her.

My wife has started lessons as well! We both are excited.

Good luck to her! :thumbsup:

Where she taking lessons? I used to instruct at GTR for Ratliff Air Service many many moons ago.

Good luck to her! :thumbsup:

Where she taking lessons? I used to instruct at GTR for Ratliff Air Service many many moons ago.

She is taking them in Starkville http://kartaviation.com/. My wife may not ever go for her license but she definitely wants to solo and then who knows.

I called RAS several times. They never answered or returned my call. They had the FBO in Starkville as well before I started flying.

http://kartaviation.com/

Thanks

Was just talking with Karen...

"There's a thread on PoA about a guy's wife working on her pilot's license [sic]. Think you'd ever want to...?"

"Nah, I have a hard enough time in a car."

"We could just get a Cirrus so if it got real bad you could just pull the handle..."

She LOLed.

I called RAS several times. They never answered or returned my call. They had the FBO in Starkville as well before I started flying

That's odd they wouldn't return your call. Maybe they're out of the flight school business. Had around 18 planes when I was there but that was in the late 70s.

That's odd they wouldn't return your call. Maybe they're out of the flight school business. Had around 18 planes when I was there but that was in the late 70s.

Or they're Millenials and only respond to text messages. LOL.

Not kidding. I know many who complain that their cell service comes with voice mail, and they never bother to set it up.

They are still there and still training lots of pilots, but I had heard they were bad about returning calls since they had all they could handle with the military contract. I know the Columbus Air Force Base was near by, but I have no clue how that works. I just know I called three times and I never got an answer or a call back. I found this other guy that was more than willing to train me. He even let me use my own plane which I had purchased prior to even having a discovery flight. He even worked around my work schedule. We flew at day break and weekends so I could work the 8-5 job an hours drive away from the airport.

Back