Help me decide on first airplane

Ah you meant in comparison with what you can carry, from your post it appeared to be a they are heavier, and carry less fuel. I didn't realize you meant in regards to carrying stuff and fuel. My 2012 bird has a useful load of 1,076lbs, but I don't think my bladder could carry me anywhere where even close to full tanks is required!

I don't own a plane and all but I'll throw this out there. When I flew a g1000 equipped plane I was mesmerized by the screen in front of me and found myself staring at it all the time trying to be exact on altitude and airspeed. In contrast, flying round gauges( for 295 hours now vs the 3 I have on g1000) I'm wanting to be precise but I just look down check and then look back up outside the window. I think there is something to the screen that made me want to stare at it and, since you mentioned using this plane for training I thought you may find my limited experience helpful. I'm totally a firm believer in "look outside the airplane as much as possible" so if you think like me it is certainly something to consider.

Ah you meant in comparison with what you can carry, from your post it appeared to be a they are heavier, and carry less fuel. I didn't realize you meant in regards to carrying stuff and fuel. My 2012 bird has a useful load of 1,076lbs, but I don't think my bladder could carry me anywhere where even close to full tanks is required!

Right. Why pay more for less useful load and a million fuel drains? Heh.

Back