Afterburners Restaurant at Sheboygan, WI, airport

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Flew up to Sheboygan on Thursday. Stopped in to the Afterburners Restaurant for a bite to eat.
This is a pretty nice facility. It was only 4:00 pm, so I was the only customer. When I left at 5, there were a few more diners.

I had the coconut encrusted haddock for $14. It was excellent. It came with sauteed zuchini. The line desk had a USA today to read, so I grabbed a copy to read during dinner. The baked potato was kind of small. I guess I look like a skinny guy, so they gave me a smaller potato?

Some of the restaurant staff stopped by my table to visit. Enjoyed talking to them, so I didn't read much of the paper.

My server was Mona. She was fun to speak with and talked about the menu. She teaches school in the area during the day.

This is a good place to eat. After flying to Madison (Truax) and Rochelle, IL, I have enjoyed some of the best airport restaurants within easy flying distance from Chicago. Sheboygan is a little farther to the north, but Milwaukee Approach did not vector me away from MKE at 3,500' msl on my flight northbound, so SBM was a pleasant flight.

I really wanted the $26 ribeye steak (the Cowboy Steak, 18 oz worth), but it is only available on Saturdays.

I flew back at 8,500' msl. I was a little concerned that I would get stuck in a haze layer, but the clouds were so thin that I hardly noticed them. The air was so smooth that it was hard to understand why I was one of the only VFRs on approach frequency.

This is a regular destination for the Sunday club I belong to. Great restaurant, nice flight to get to from Chicago area. Been there several times. Highly recommended. Great write-up, Bob!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back