A real pilot's aircraft.

Always wanted one. Just need to find a mechanic familiar with the GO480 engine.

I've got a little time in a Do-28 and done a fair amount of work on one, but never done anything with a 27. I'd like to see one and fly it and see how it compares.

Too bad that 27 has an experimental airworthiness certificate. It will limit who wants it and what you can do with it.

EDIT: Here's a picture of my friend's 28 from a trip to Canada about a month ago.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The Albatross has, according to the ad, float and drop tanks. I know what a drop tank is... what is a float tank?

-Skip

That thing looks like a beast!

Funny, I always thought that the float tanks were standard but the drop tanks an option for the military version.

That's a lot of money for two plane which are exp exhib

How many twin beechs had problems with the GO-480?
Eh? Twin Beeches have radials. You mean T-bones or Queen AIrs? Only thing worse than one geared lycomings is two geared lycomings.

Eh? Twin Beeches have radials. You mean T-bones or Queen AIrs? Only thing worse than one geared lycomings is two geared lycomings.
You mean the Beech -18 :)
I should have said Twin Bonaza.

So the Helio which first flew in 1949 was copied from the DO-27 which first flew in 1955?

I didn't know that. That is so amazing!
Did you also notice that the early Helio was a production failure and wasn't brought back until much later?
500 A/C in how many years, wasn't much of a success.

And the DO27 sold an amazing 628. Yeah much better. You still can offer no proof that Helio copied the DO-27 because you can't. The Helio flew first and they look quite different. Once again, you are transmitting out of your exhaust pipe.

It's okay. I've already lost track of how many times ATC has called me a Baron. I think I might have even been called a Bonanza once.

Yeah, I think that was Tomlish for 'I am wrong'.
No, your just making a big deal over a minor mistake. I think that must make you feel good or some thing. Or you believe under 2000 aircraft from 2 companies is a success.

So the Helio which first flew in 1949 was copied from the DO-27 which first flew in 1955?

I didn't know that. That is so amazing!

They were both descendants of the Fieseler Storch (along with the PZL Wilga on the other side of the iron curtain).

640px-Fi-156_Storch_right.jpg

They were both descendants of the Fieseler Storch (along with the PZL Wilga on the other side of the iron curtain).

That is certainly more believable. I am willing to concede that the Storch possibly influenced the development of the Helio due to their respective timelines but I am not certain the Helio is its descendant. Do you have a reference for that?

That is certainly more believable. I am willing to concede that the Storch possibly influenced the development of the Helio due to their respective timelines but I am not certain the Helio is its descendant. Do you have a reference for that?

So you expect guys named Koppen and Bollinger to admit that they were inspired by a nazi design in 1948 :rolleyes: .

The reason the Do27 was 'developed' in 1955 was that up to that date, civilian aviation in west germany was illegal. On day 1 of the western allies allowing civilian aviation, a whole raft of designs suddenly appeared out of 'nowhere'. The reality is, development never stopped after 1945 and a lot of work was done either in the neutral territory of spain, or under the guise of other legal pursuits like glider flying or automotive R&D.

Do25-96-7_XL9-1_a.JPG

(a Do25, offered by the design office of Claudius Dornier for a spanish government competition in 1950)

Think there's a guy on another forum that has a storch, always thought those were cool planes.

What's up with he cuts in the exhaust?

image.png

Back