Northeast Flight Schools

ripnet

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ripnet
Anyone have any experience with NY/NJ/PA flight schools that can help me finish up my PPL? I have all of the requirements; just need a couple hours, signoff, and a checkride. My current instructor is leaving the country. I would love to do it all in a weekend.

I inquired prices at American Flyers in Morristown. They are a bit pricy. Any reviews of them?

Go see Damian at Andover Flight school. Overall nice guy, great pilot, and they had a decent 172 for basic training a few years ago. He's been there a while and everyone I know that has learned with him loved it. He isn't there for a year or two just building hours. His rates were real reasonable as well.

Geoff I think Brandywine is a bit far from Binghampton. There has got to be some other schools up near him in Binghampton.
Lol, yes, I see that now. Just went with the Northeast subject and PA :)

Nassau Flyers out of FRG will get you finished.

Limited time at FRG and with Nassau (at least the Mx folks), they seemed very top notch, only draw back is it is in the cesspool of the city.

Fischer Aviation. Right next door from American Flyers over at KCDW. They're a Part 141 school but a small operation. Clean aircraft C172s and PA-28-160s. The best rates I've seen in the area (at least when I still lived there, I moved in 2013) and the instruction is top-notch. They also have a certified sim. I cannot recommend them enough. Look at their google reviews. 53 5-star reviews.

If you go, tell Tom Fischer that Ty Abrahamson sent you.

Back