Foreflight question

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
Does the traffic option only show up in the menu when an ADSB in is detected?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
I don't understand the question. Mine looks the same as yours. When I am running the STRATUX, I do nothing different to have the traffic displayed. I just make sure my wifi is on and the connected devices shows STRATUX.

Technically I think the option shows up as soon as a supported device is connected, whether or not it's sending data is secondary.

2f474aff56418d4e8ea75dddc628d5a7.jpg

The stratus two shows some traffic,once you have ADSB out it will show all the traffic.

Ok. Thanks. Trying to figure out why my FF is not showing traffic. I just got a GTX345 and I'm not getting traffic on the box or in FF.

I assume you must first connect to the wifi access point and then verify that it shows up in the devices tab, same as you would with a Stratus?

I did that yesterday with our ESGi and it Just Worked(tm). It picked up 7 towers as soon as I was airborne and showed the conga line of students going from JYO to OKV...

I assume you must first connect to the wifi access point and then verify that it shows up in the devices tab, same as you would with a Stratus?
In this case, the connection is Garmin Connext, which is Bluetooth rather than WiFi, but yes, that's the idea. You need to connect the iPad to it the same as you would to any other Bluetooth unit before it can be read by an app.

I did that yesterday with our ESGi and it Just Worked(tm). It picked up 7 towers as soon as I was airborne and showed the conga line of students going from JYO to OKV...

Not to high Jack the thread but how are you liking the ESG?

I would have preferred to trade up from a 430W to a 530W and gotten a 345. That being said, I like the ESGi.

Back