Dallas in November, airport of choice?

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
I am flying to Dallas in November for a 3 day meeting downtown at the Ritz Carlton on McKinney Ave. I would rather not rent a car, what is the best option for GA? Being a certified pilot, cheaper is always better!! :)

Love to Uber or Lyft is the way to go. There is a public transit choice but it involves a bus + light rail + street car and the time is just not worth it.

Do take the street car uptown (north) on McKinney, it's a pretty vibrant food/bar area. Or just walk, you'll be close enough.

Prices on airnav right now, at DAL up to $8.33/gal 100LL ...although one is $5.60

Use Business Jet - great service, and not entirely ridiculous (by big field standards) fuel pricing. Land 13L/31R, they're right there.

6pc is right up the road, but he will require, eghem, "payment" for his services. So, I'd suggest KDAL as well. I fly into KGPM a lot and like it, but that's a bit down the 30 from downtown.

I also suggest Dallas Love and Business Jet for this. Sure fuel is gonna be a bit steep, but the convenience to your meeting will make up for the wallet wound. Getting in and out do KDAL is no more difficult than any other airport and for a pilot of your experience.

And add me to the list of folks who would like to be part of a social gathering with you while your here.

I'd pick Redbird... KRBD. Little longer in the Uber car, but should overall cost less and be easier than KDAL.

And remind me when you're here. Just don't bring any Monkeys :)

I'd pick Redbird... KRBD. Little longer in the Uber car, but should overall cost less and be easier than KDAL.

And remind me when you're here. Just don't bring any Monkeys :)

But if you head to KRBD, don't call it Redbird unless you just want to yank the chain of the controllers. It's now Dallas Executive. But us older locals know it as DeadRedbird

I am flying to Dallas in November for a 3 day meeting downtown at the Ritz Carlton on McKinney Ave. I would rather not rent a car, what is the best option for GA? Being a certified pilot, cheaper is always better!! :)

Love may not be cheaper, but its really the best option IMHO. You have full service FBO's. On site rentals at some of them if you need one (otherwise bus/cab/uber?), and you are close to downtown.

Oh, you're right... what's the current name of DTO? Star Trek One?
lol.. Touchė... That was a city council move that none of the airport population wanted. Personally, i would be happier if they had used "Executive".

But at least it isn't as embarrassing as what they did to KTKI.

lol.. Touchė... That was a city council move that none of the airport population wanted. Personally, i would be happier if they had used "Executive".

But at least it isn't as embarrassing as what they did to KTKI.

What'd they do to TKI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fly into Love ever other month or so. I'd recommend checking by phone ahead of time about ramp fee, security fee, handling fee's, etc. And which can be waived by buying fuel and how much.

Back