First solo!

Wetfeet

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ben Phillips
First off let me introduce myself. My name is Ben Phillips and I live in lamar Mo. I have been a long time follower of this forum but this is my first post. I started my flight training just a couple months ago with instructor Tom Richards out of Lamar Missouri. Yesterday the weather was beautiful and I went up with my instructor. We made three touch-and-goes and on the last one he had me stop and he got out and I was able to do my first solo! I did three take offs and full stop landings. It was an awesome experience!

Attachments

• IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 75
First off let me introduce myself. My name is Ben Phillips and I live in lamar Mo. I have been a long time follower of this forum but this is my first post. I started my flight training just a couple months ago with instructor Tom Richards out of Lamar Missouri. Yesterday the weather was beautiful and I went up with my instructor. We made three touch-and-goes and on the last one he had me stop and he got out and I was able to do my first solo! I did three take offs and full stop landings. It was an awesome experience!
Nice, congrats on the solo.

Welcome, now stop being so quiet.

Congrats!! A day you will never forget.

Congrats! I still remember my first solo a long time ago. Sure lifted quickly didn't it?

Last edited:
No other feeling has ever been quite like that first solo. Congrats.

congrats , i soloed the end of april and im still on cloud 9L :D , have a good time finishing you ticket. fly safe fly smart and have a blast

Congrats! I'm just down the street in Springfield. The rest of training seems to go in a flash - hang on and stay tight.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Ben. I have not met Tom personally, but I know from his wife Diana (via forums) that he is a great guy. I think you have done well to have him teach you to fly.

Welcome to POA. Also, remember this is supposed to be fun, so keep it that way. Have a great time!

Congratulations, Ben! Tom said you did well on your first, and your second solo. :) He enjoys flying with you. :)

Nice...congrats! I remember my solo like it was yesterday when in actuality it was 2006...
Have fun exploring on your x-countries and above all, be safe!

quick.........someone snap a 'juxtaposed thread thread' thread.

and congrats!

Good job! Few people (relatively) in the history of mankind can say they've been alone in the sky, flying under only their control. Welcome to the club!

Back