GNS 430 update

mapasha

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N1915W
Anyone have a lower 48 Jepp database for a GNS 430 they want to "share" for a small fee? I can send you a spare data card. Lol.

What I am actually wondering is if anyone knows what the one time update price is for the 48 state map database for a GNS 430? It is not listed on their website. The yearly subscription is listed at $410 per year.

Thanks,
Pasha

When I update mine it only allows for it to be loaded to one card. I am sure some smart people can figure out how to duplicate it, but I'm not that smart. I called to get a one time update once and it was $150. I picked the subscription at that price point and honestly never looked back.

There is a way to duplicate, I'm no where near my computers so I can't help.

What do you need a one time update for? Ferry?

You guys realize you are talking about committing a felony on an open message board?

Aside from being illegal, and against the TOS of the message board, it is probably also a bad idea....

You guys realize you are talking about committing a felony on an open message board?

Aside from being illegal, and against the TOS of the message board, it is probably also a bad idea....

It is a bad idea. I told him that my subscription only allows for one download, and then answered his question about the cost of a one time update. I am sure someone duplicates it, but, as you said, that's illegal and not worth the risk when you can buy 12 updates for $450.

Anyone have a lower 48 Jepp database for a GNS 430 they want to "share" for a small fee? I can send you a spare data card. Lol.

Joke... (Notice the "Lol" at the end)

What I am actually wondering is if anyone knows what the one time update price is for the 48 state map database for a GNS 430? It is not listed on their website. The yearly subscription is listed at $410 per year.

Thanks,
Pasha

Real question... Notice he says, "What I am actually wondering..." ;)

Garmin lowered their pricing. Click on the link below and scroll to individual databases:
$129 single, $299 annual
https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/support/pricing

Individual Databases

Database Type
Region Single Update Price (USD) Subscription Price (USD)
Navigation Data Canada by Garmin + $129.00 $299.00
United States by Garmin + $129.00 $299.00
Americas-North by Garmin + $149.00 $399.00
Obstacle US/Canada/Europe + $49.95 $195.00
Terrain Worldwide + $150.00 —

The ONLY reason Jeppesen changed JSUM to JDM was to defeat the scammers who copied multiple data bases and sold them.

A better idea might be to split a subscription with someone. let them take odd numbered months and you get even numbered months of the subscription.

A better idea might be to split a subscription with someone. let them take odd numbered months and you get even numbered months of the subscription.
Is that legal from a software licensing perspective?

Whoa! Take a f'ing chill pill. As one of the posters already pointed out part of the post was humor!
All I wanted to know was the price of the one time update. It was middle of the night, so I couldn't exactly call for a price. No felonies, no violation of the TOS, etc, etc.

I just want to update the 430 once in a while because I mainly use it for Comm. I much prefer the ability to look up airport info/frequencies/weather on Foreflight which I can take with me away from the plane and can update at any time and stay current. I want to keep the airport/map database somewhat current as a backup to my iPad Mini/Foreflight and iPad Air/Foreflight combo with Stratus.

For those that replied to the actual question - Thank you.
To the others, well ........

A felony?

OMG, call the SWAT team.

Or better yet call these guys lol

RIAA.jpg

Back