Nice C172/180HP for the $

It is nice but I'd rather buy a 182...

(The polished prop is an FAA inspector magnet, no thanks)

How's that?

There are huge threads around here somewhere about it. I was unable to get a prop authorized DER to agree that they can legally be polished when the maintenance manual says they are to be painted.

One OEM said they will NOT support polishing their aluminum propellers when I emailed tech support.

Its kinda like the chrome plated spinners thing is an FAA magnet.

http://www.aviationperformanceproducts.com/chrome-it.cfm

I see this has a rear view mirror.... Never understood why Cessna thought that was important enough to have. Our 182P also has one

I see this has a rear view mirror.... Never understood why Cessna thought that was important enough to have. Our 182P also has one

I took mine off when I recovered the top of the panel

There are huge threads around here somewhere about it. I was unable to get a prop authorized DER to agree that they can legally be polished when the maintenance manual says they are to be painted.

One OEM said they will NOT support polishing their aluminum propellers when I emailed tech support.

I've had friends send their polished props in to get them worked on and they're sent back painted! I was ramp checked a couple of years ago and I kept walking to the back of the plane so he'd follow me back there! I guess it worked.

I've had friends send their polished props in to get them worked on and they're sent back painted! I was ramp checked a couple of years ago and I kept walking to the back of the plane so he'd follow me back there! I guess it worked.

Great idea!

Not worried about the prop,would rather have an updated panel ,for the asking price.

Last engine overhaul (new engineer) was 1993. 450 hours SMOH is listed in one part of the ad. 150 hours SMOH is listed later.

Either way, the engine was last OH'ed 23 years ago and hasn't flown much since.

No thanks.

Kind of a blah looking paint job, but other than that looks like a nice airplane. Price does seem rather steep. An older 182 could be bought for not too much more.

An older 182 could be bought for not too much more.

Bought yes, maintained no. 2 extra cylinders, Conti engine.

This is a 172 with very low TT, 1040 UL and a 180hp engine. Kind of unique, the right plane for someone in CO or NM.

Why CO or NM?

Or anywhere else where density altitude limits the usefulness of a 140 or 160hp Skyhawk.
Later 180hp skyhawks have fuel injection and are heavier.

This plane could use a tow hitch.

Or anywhere else where density altitude limits the usefulness of a 140 or 160hp Skyhawk.
Later 180hp skyhawks have fuel injection and are heavier.

This plane could use a tow hitch.
My bad, I didn't read the engine spec's. Thats true.

Bought yes, maintained no. 2 extra cylinders, Conti engine.

This is a 172 with very low TT, 1040 UL and a 180hp engine. Kind of unique, the right plane for someone in CO or NM.

I fly a 172 with the Air Plains O-360 quite a bit. They are beasts (for a 172). Considering the tanks only hold 40 gallons you can go full fuel and still haul 4 200lb guys and still get a pretty decent climb.

Back