Would you do this for a living ?

The infamous flying farmer!

Saw that act at Leesburg, VA when I was a student pilot in 1980. Funniest part was shortly after he took off, they told him to stop. The wind was strong enough that he actually stopped in mid-air. Then they told him to go again. And he went. I think it was about a 15 minute routine. Laughed my a$$ off!!

I've seen him also... Great routine..:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Last edited:
There's a guy just outside of Birmingham who does a similar rountine with a Cub. He's flown airshows all over, OSH too I believe this year, and part of his act is landing on top of a truck going down the runway. He has his own grass strip airport and teaches upset recovery, acrobatics, well just about anything really. He also has lodging for his courses.

gkairshows.com has his act and the courses he offers. Cool guy. Check out his videos on his site.

http://www.gkairshows.com/Newsite/Airshows/Airshows.html

Last edited:
There's a guy just outside of Birmingham who does a similar rountine with a Cub. He's flown airshows all over, OSH too I believe, and part of his act is landing on top of a truck going down the runway. He has his own grass strip airport and teaches upset recovery, acrobatics, well just about anything really. He also has lodging for his courses.

gkairshows.com has his act and the courses he offers. Cool guy.

Alabama Boys!

I thought the crop dusters were crazy until I saw this

Anyone have a full video of his routine ?

This gig has been around as long as airshows I think. I remember seeing this when I was a kid.

I saw that routine so long ago the J-3s were still "newish" technology. ;)
I think the first time I saw that routine done, it was in a JN-4 "Jenny".
No matter what you are flying, it takes great skill and daring to pull off some of those stunts.
A tip of the hat and 2 thumbs up.

Back