Whiskey Compass from a Piper Cherokee

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
OE compass from a 79 Lance. Will fit any Piper with that style center post. Nice and clear. I replaced with a PAI 700.

How's about $60 shipped to your door. PM me

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 84
Side pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 40
I find that things like giving my inbound position, setting up for runways and visualizing approach courses are much easier. This is my second one. I have about 150 hours on my Archer using one and like I a lot.

It's basically a slaved DG if you want t look at it like that.

Yes, the compass is mechanically attached to the display card.

Like a DG you don't have to worry about precession with. It's always right(unless it's broken of course)

Yes, the compass is mechanically attached to the display card.

Like a DG you don't have to worry about precession with. It's always right(unless it's broken of course)
Right. Yeah. That's what I was looking forward to. Just another thing on the list I suppose!

You also don't have lead and lag issues, which is nice. Smooth roll out right on anticipated heading

The fixed cards are nice, having a flux gate is nice..er, BTW good deal on a lit compass for anyone needing one, bump.

$40 shipped

I'll keep it as a desk piece for any less.

If you have a Cherokee with the panel mounted compass at the far left of the panel
(Flite Liner, possibly others), you may need this and just not know it. The influence of the alternator output cable on that location is rather surprising. Check the difference in compass indication between full alternator load and no load. Your compass may be fine but the windshield mounting hardware alone to get your compass out of that location is worth the $40. An alternator failure on a cross country would cause a significant error in what is normally the most reliable instrument available.

Does that include the whisky..??

And to Alaska?

No whiskey...I'm just about to polish that part off. If you are truly interested, I'd go $50 to AK.

Back