Ins policy fine print

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
It's an anti-insomnia technique. Read insurance policies in order to make oneself sleepy.
I notice my latest policy does not cover 'malicious acts'.
"Any malicious act or act of sabotage"
I guess that sort of surprised me.
So if someone accidentally puts jetA into my tank and I crash, I'm good. Well, if I live.
But if someone sneaks the jetA in, no coverage.
Or any of a multitude of nefarious acts leave me without coverage. (do good preflights; got it.)

go to the definition section in the start of the policy and look up sabotage might not be what you think.

It's an anti-insomnia technique. Read insurance policies in order to make oneself sleepy.
I notice my latest policy does not cover 'malicious acts'.
"Any malicious act or act of sabotage"
I guess that sort of surprised me.
So if someone accidentally puts jetA into my tank and I crash, I'm good. Well, if I live.
But if someone sneaks the jetA in, no coverage.
Or any of a multitude of nefarious acts leave me without coverage. (do good preflights; got it.)

What do you have for coverage? I own a vintage not terribly expensive plane, and only buy liability so if I taxi into a million dollar jet I'm covered, no hull, no medical coverage for me or passengers. Ideas, comments?

They usually don't cover terrorism or nuclear bombs, even if accidentally detonated either, I've seen this verbage in home insurance.

yes there are a separate entries for terrorism, and nuclear mayhem.
Do not recall the one for sabotage in past.

if not in the definition pages they f...d up you win

Damn. I found the answer, but I fell asleep before I took notes and I can't remember where I found it.

if not in the definition pages they f...d up you win

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure if it's not in the definitions section, the plain-English meaning applies. (Unless it's a legal term of art.)

all insurance policies have definition pages ...i am sure its there if it IS quoted in the policy

jeez I knew it would come down to me scanning and posting the 36 pages, let me see how much redacting is going to be needed. I can't just ask you to believe me, can I.

The underwriters lost too much money up in Alaska with all those slashed tundra tires, eh?

Back