Votes: 47 17.8%
  • 70-79

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 80-89

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 90 or older

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
If you don't mind my asking - how old were you? My girlfriend and I are getting serious to the point that I can't help but think about kids someday, but based on her career it'll be close to 5 years from now, putting me around the same age as your wife if it ever happens. I've gotta be honest, having my first kid when I'm in my 40s scares me a little - I'm worried about not having the requisite energy all the time.

I had my son when I was 38. He'll be 2 on Tuesday.. I waited a long time to meet him, but he was 100% planned and 100% loved.

I'll be 40 when my second is born. Energy levels aren't the problem, but there aren't enough hours in the day with both parents working.

I am only 57, but when we are eating out or shopping my wife will ask for a senior discount. If the response is yes, for seniors, she points at me, and we get the senior discount......:(

true story:

me, my bro and my dad used to get together every X-Mas and go skiing. I grew up a skier then turned snowboarder, and I used to wear a hat like this:

HatJester13Point0745.jpg

by the way, that is not actually me, it's just a representation of me wearing my goofy 'ski' hat. my bro and my dad hated it and wanted to disown me.
so one time we're getting ready, putting our lift tickets on, and I see a bunch of the girls behind the counter pointing at me, and I was like "that's right bro, the babes dig the hat".
well it wasn't the hat, my knucklehead father bought us all 'senior' lift tickets and they were pointing us out to their boss, stating "aint no senior I know is gonna wear a hat like that!".
so we got busted, compliments of my not-so-sneaky father trying to get his senior discount. good times.

If you don't mind my asking - how old were you? My girlfriend and I are getting serious to the point that I can't help but think about kids someday, but based on her career it'll be close to 5 years from now, putting me around the same age as your wife if it ever happens. I've gotta be honest, having my first kid when I'm in my 40s scares me a little - I'm worried about not having the requisite energy all the time.

My wife and I just had out first child. I am 51. She is 40. He is 5 weeks old.

loading up.jpg my boys.jpg Crew.jpg
I was 40 when these were taken. Age is a number..... I'm the one on the far left in the tank photo and by far the oldest.

true story:

me, my bro and my dad used to get together every X-Mas and go skiing. I grew up a skier then turned snowboarder, and I used to wear a hat like this:

HatJester13Point0745.jpg

Those Jester hats were quite popular on the slopes for a while. Weren't too awfully cold either if you got a good one and it wasn't a nasty day.

But snowboarding? Awwww man. I have to disown you now. :)

Only two places to fall, your knees or your butt unless you faceplant. "Yard sales" are much more entertaining to watch skiers do than boarders. Limbs going wrong directions, twisting in bad ways, crap everywhere behind them for a few hundred yards.

(I of course would know nothing about this "yard sale" thing and have never ever wiped out at high speed by catching an edge... Never. LOL...)

Wife and I got married at 21 and 22 respectively and had our first child three years later. We had kid #5 when I was 33. I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and the kids are 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6.

God Bless all of you who take on that challenge at a later age. I can't imagine a new baby now or at 50.

I'm 34, and have two boys, 9 & 5. I can't imagine going back to diapers/strollers/bottles (well those ones anyway). A lot of my peers are now having their first/subsequent babies and we have zero desire to go back to that stage now. Proper controls have been put into place to ensure the success of that stance. :D

Congrats to those of you now experiencing it! The whole thing is rather unbelievable, and time just disappears.

Over 60 pushing 70 but still think I'm 20 at times..... a bit harder to keep up with my 6 yo grandson but we manage. You know you're getting old when kids and wife tell you the story your about to tell, well they've heard it before, and more than once. But at least my stories are consistent, so got that working for me!

Sounds familiar. My wife complains that I tell the same story more than once, but at least she also complains that I use the same words. Consistency is good. :)

Hey haven't seen any updates on your C310, sell it?
I've still got it. Doing some prep for sale and will get it listed later this fall. It is being detailed and polished, boot prep, and going to do the annual. I will post it when listed. I was on the fence about keeping it, but a recent flight convinced me that keeping current and sharp in two very different twins was probably not realistic. Truth be told, I love the 310 and will be sad when it is gone.

My parents and many from their Era remember the depression and they have lived conservatively their whole lives.
My Dad grew up during the depression. My avatar is his dad with his brand new 1932 Eaglerock.

BTW I'm the youngest of the kids, at 55.

I used to think that I was the oldest geezer on this board, but I see that there are three other octogenarians. Couple more years and I will be a nonagenarian.

Bob

No one under 20 so far. Where the eff is the modaero crowd? :rockon:

:lol:
If it helps I'm significantly closer to the under 20 side than I am the over 30 side. I've been in the under 20 category for the majority of the time I've been a member of this board.

I have a buddy who is 22 and his parents are coming up on 75. I always remind him he was the last egg :D

God Bless all of you who take on that challenge at a later age. I can't imagine a new baby now or at 50.
. I see both sides of this. I was really skiddish about making this move and to be honest...I can't imagine life without this little fella. He took his first plane flight on Saturday. Logged 1.6 hours Saturday and Sunday, two passes through CLT Class Bravo airspace...night take off and landing...pretty darn spiffy for 6 weeks old.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11
. I see both sides of this. I was really skiddish about making this move and to be honest...I can't imagine life without this little fella. He took his first plane flight on Saturday. Logged 1.6 hours Saturday and Sunday, two passes through CLT Class Bravo airspace...night take off and landing...pretty darn spiffy for 6 weeks old.

Oh...kids are completely awesome and are certainly worth it. I just know that the "it" was easier on me in younger days than it would be now. I really don't know how I lived on the sleep I got and didn't let the rest of my life fall apart.

Since we have some in their 80s and 90s, I'd be curious to know if anyone's father may have been born before mine. Grant was in his second term when my father was born (Nov. 1873). Since I am among the oldest 16 who have responded to the poll and he was already mid 60s when I was born, the probability is high that he would be the oldest of the preceding generation.

Back