quick survey about what you eat in the cockpit

calberto

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Calberto
I'm considering starting a new subscription snack service for pilots.

I'd really appreciate it if you took 60 seconds of time to answer four questions!

Survey is here: http://goo.gl/forms/IGEwmhRt45QFxcF62

Thanks you,
Calvin

P.S. I would use the polling feature that is offered by the forum software, but I'm trying to keep all survey responses consolidated in one area.

Honestly, my flights are either to someplace to eat, not long enough where a snack is required, or I already ate.

From what I gather by observing Mark Cuban and Mr. Wonderful's comments on Shark Tank, subscriptions services like this are challenging businesses to establish and grow.

Plus you already have LOTS of competition out there like www.graze.com

But anyhow... good luck to you

Honestly, my flights are either to someplace to eat, not long enough where a snack is required, or I already ate.

From what I gather by observing Mark Cuban and Mr. Wonderful's comments on Shark Tank, subscriptions services like this are challenging businesses to establish and grow.

Plus you already have LOTS of competition out there like www.graze.com

But anyhow... good luck to you

Understandable! It definitely wouldn't be for everyone. I might target FBOs so that they can provide easy to eat snacks to the pilots that come in addition to selling to individual pilots. Never know what will happen unless you try it out!

I usually bring something only on longer cross country flights. Just for a bit of a "boost" or mental segue before the approach environment. No mess is important.

Jerky, mentioned in your survey, dried fruit and those apple sauce squeeze packets (not mentioned) are my top choices.

Understandable! It definitely wouldn't be for everyone. I might target FBOs so that they can provide easy to eat snacks to the pilots that come in addition to selling to individual pilots. Never know what will happen unless you try it out!

Shipping costs will be tough on this plan. Make sure you factor them into the pricing.

I usually bring something only on longer cross country flights. Just for a bit of a "boost" or mental segue before the approach environment. No mess is important.

Jerky, mentioned in your survey, dried fruit and those apple sauce squeeze packets (not mentioned) are my top choices.
I was thinking about those applesauce squeeze packets the other day actually! That's a good idea. And I 100% agree with you about the long flights. Long flights or multiple flights in a day. Jerky is a great idea, and so is dried fruit. I think a good combo of protein, sugar, and a little salt helps a lot with that mental fatigue.

Shipping costs will be tough on this plan. Make sure you factor them into the pricing.
For sure. I'm doing the research on all of that right now. Do you manufacture your detailing products for planeperfect? Or do you dropship?

What happens when you open a sealed applesauce squeeze pack at 9000'?
There's no air in them (or very little). We just had some at 5400 feet and no inflation, like chip bags.

When twisting the cap open, the pressure equalizes so fast and mess free. Not sure about at 9000 though.

Since the OP is being serious, I won't say, BBQ wings and Cheetos, with mentos and Diet Coke to drink.

I will say that jerky, dried fruit, and almonds sounds like it would be good... But have packaging easy to open, and set do you can get it in your mouth without getting it all over the plane, your kneeboard, and your hands.

Back