KOSH Runway 27 Closed - Anybody Know Why?

FlyingElvii

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
flyingElvii
Listening to Oshkosh Arrivals on LiveATC.

They have been saying that Runway 27 is closed for about 30 minutes. Center just advised an arriving aircraft that 27 is closed due to a "Disabled Aircraft".

Nothing on Twitter, or anywhere else I can find. Any ideas?

probably some drunken H.O.P.S. party-goer naked streaking down the runway. that would be my first guess.

Looked like a c 206 with a colapsed nose gear after a bounced landing.

Last place you want to have a bad landing at.....

Last place you want to have a bad landing at.....
Especially with EVERYONE who's anybody watching.

Won't be as embarrassing early on Saturday, as it would be on midday Sunday, though.

Won't be as embarrassing early on Saturday, as it would be on midday Sunday, though.
That's like whiffing the ball on the first tee in front of everyone waiting.

Except a lot more expensive.

Porpoise? Everyone OK I trust?

Looked like a c 206 with a colapsed nose gear after a bounced landing.

Shouldn't be doing that rookie stuff by the time you're in a 206.

I'll be ringside all day tomorrow watching them come in :)

I have been looking at this vintage plane.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 107
poor guy. Deserves our support, not condemnation. Unless we are willing to say 'heap it on', when our time comes.

No, but I did hear he's asking people to play with his monkey.

Not surprising the way he's been bringing up "penis" on a few threads, and sending "penis confetti" to people. Hope he didn't send anything to Cajun! :eek:

I had no idea she did that. I have so much more respect for her now. way to go, party girl!

*drinking and driving is bad, m'kay

I'm sure I have part (all?) of this story incorrect, but I'd heard she was joyriding in a golf cart on the runway. What got her in trouble, though, was something along the lines of "Do you know who I AM?" when she was "pulled over" for it.

Drinking and driving is bad. Drinking and driving a golf cart on a closed runway at a huge party is... something I'd probably do. ;)

**** happens.

"Chit happens"
image.jpg

Likely 709 ride and FSDO chat
image.jpg

Shy of a near impossible to see pothole, or a animal darting out and impacting the nose gear, just plowing a 206 into the ground nose wheel first, or even worse PIOing it in, that's a little more than a chit happens IMO. I hope it was an animal or runway surface issue, as the guy (if it was the owner) is a CPL, CFI, APIA.

I'm sure I have part (all?) of this story incorrect, but I'd heard she was joyriding in a golf cart on the runway. What got her in trouble, though, was something along the lines of "Do you know who I AM?" when she was "pulled over" for it.

Drinking and driving is bad. Drinking and driving a golf cart on a closed runway at a huge party is... something I'd probably do. ;)
Pretty sure it was a Ford Mustang and likely would have been a non-issue if she had kept her attitude in check.

Soooooooo, what was the incident last night (Sunday) that closed the whole airport around 7pm? Does anybody have any info?

Two planes coming in got real close, one of them apparently stalled which caused a wing drop. He went inverted and straight in from approximate 50' up. News is reporting that pilot is ok.

Good Lord! What's wrong with people. Perhaps they shouldn't be flying in. Just saying.

"When you turn final at Oshkosh, the thought that goes through my mind is 'Please Lord, don't let me screw this up.'" -Jeb Burnside (sampled @6:25 here)

"When you turn final at Oshkosh, the thought that goes through my mind is 'Please Lord, don't let me screw this up.'" -Jeb Burnside (sampled @6:25 here)

That was what I said to myself after my last airline flight from Newport News to ATL. :yes:

I've always found those sporty x-wind, super short, or 7700 landings, like semi angry make up sex.

More airplane parts on the runway tonight :-(

I'm not there so not sure how it turned out, but they did close the airport early after an A-26 Invader had to make a partial gear-up landing on 36. I was listening on LiveATC when he declared an emergency. Could not get the nose gear down.

Back