Foreflight logbook - currency tracker?

Z06_Mir

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Radna
I've started logging with foreflight (and paper) but it says in the currency boxes that I'm not current in anything. With what I've logged I should be shown as current for asel and night. As I add entries I'll be IFR current as well. But with what I've got so far I have at least 10 landings for day and night. Most of my time is logged in as dual given... Is that the issue? I even added all my certificates so it knows I have a current BFR.

Also... I just accidentally added the "flight review" currency box... How do I delete that?

I think I'll really like this logbook once I can figure it out. Having everything in one app will be nice. I'll be able to just mass update my paper book once a week or so and I can leave it at home instead of at the office.

Yaeh... Just started with it yesterday. I was using Pilot-Pro, which I really liked. But rather have it all together.

When I transferred it. It did not give me credit for any approaches as it thought there was NO AIRPORT - so I had to fix a few to show being current.

It's ok. But not impressed. Knowing Foreflight, I'm sure they'll make it better.

I was hoping the tracklog function would work better. I flew yesterday for 3.2 hours. I made 3 stops and turned off the engine each time and sat for at least 10 minutes (if not longer). Later in the evening it had 1 flight. It had the time correct but it couldn't figure out where I went or landed. So I manually did it.

I just emailed them. Hoping for a response with a solution. I really want this to work!

I had the same problem. It was because the aircraft I was flying had no category. I put the category in and instantly fixed all of my currencies.

Tim Bransford

In no way does this answer the OP's question, but related - I've been using Google Sheets (spreadsheet app via browser) as my digital logbook, and have configured it to calculate currency in several diff ways:
1) IFR (when will my most current 6 approaches reach 6 months)
2) Rental policy (school requires 60 days currency)
3) # of hours flown at night in last 30, 60, 90, 180 days
4) # of xc hours in last 30, 60, 90, 180 days
...and a few others, such as all the various cuts of data required for the IACRA.

I really like the flexibility of customizing my own rules (and also not being dependent on FF for all my data).

If anyone is interested in using it, I'm happy to share a copy - PM me if so.

I've started logging with foreflight (and paper) but it says in the currency boxes that I'm not current in anything. With what I've logged I should be shown as current for asel and night. As I add entries I'll be IFR current as well. But with what I've got so far I have at least 10 landings for day and night. Most of my time is logged in as dual given... Is that the issue? I even added all my certificates so it knows I have a current BFR.

What are the dates for your flights? If you're entering flights from over 90 days ago, they may not affect your currency (since it has to be within last 90 days). If they are more recent, then maybe you need to input your PPL license? Just a guess. The currency indicator is working for me.

I love the logbook. The reports and the 8710 are very useful tools. I also used the template to import all of my time from my current logbook. Every now and then I export and send to my instructor so he can keep track of my times needed for IFR.

I noticed that the hours in a Simulator are not showing up in the 8710 Report. I setup the Plane as "RedBird" and selected the Category/Class as Simulator (Aviation Training Device) and it does not populate the simulated time into the 8710 Report. As a test I changed it to ASEL and the SIM IMC hours appear. Not a big deal as I will use my logbook for the 8710 anyway but I usually use the foreflight app to track where I am to meet my goals and will have to mentally add those numbers in!!

I've been snooping for a while. Figured I'd step into the light.
Well, welcome to the dark ... errrr ... light side. :)
You coming to pilot dinner tonight?

Okay, okay, get off my azz, people .... back on topic: ;) I have not tried the FF logbook, might in the future. No useful input here. Move on.

Well, welcome to the dark ... errrr ... light side. :)
You coming to pilot dinner tonight?
Apparently not. I need to come back here more often!

...and your user name is almost as obvious as mine.

Back