Random Fun: What famous people have you met?

oh sure Kevin Johnson gets to know your name. The rest of us have to guess.
I assume it's Floyd by the way

It's the proletarian curse.

When we film our joint flight instructional video, I'll be wearing my MASH fishing hat.

I've run into few here and there. Peed next to Mike Dukakis back when he was running for president.

But the best was when I rented an airplane on a trip back to Massachusetts. Returning to the FBO, everyone was being solicitous of this older guy and his wife, offering to help them pack their bags into their Bonanza. Finally dawned one me so I got a chance to have my photo taken with John Glenn.
MarkGlenn2.jpg

(sorry. no photo of peeing next to Dukakis)

I've run into few here and there. Peed next to Mike Dukakis back when he was running for president.

[snip]

(sorry. no photo of peeing next to Dukakis)

No apology needed. Really!

In no particular order:

John Denver
BB King
Jonny Lang
Bob Hoover
Burt Rutan
Dick Rutan
Jeana Yeager
Hal Shevers (Sportys!)
Richard VanGrunsven (RVs)
Chuck Yeager
Gene Krantz
John Glenn
Jim Lovell
Bill Gates

Hal Shevers (Sportys!)
He's famous? O.K. I was walking back from the Hilton at Oshkosh last year and Hal gave me a lift in his golf cart all the way back to show center.

Nobody in this thread mentioned Rod Machado. Am I the only one or is he not considered a big celebrity? I don't care for politicians or Hollywood VIPs.

Nobody in this thread mentioned Rod Machado. Am I the only one or is he not considered a big celebrity? I don't care for politicians or Hollywood VIPs.
Rod's cool. I've had dinner with him and Margy's a good friend ever since she made an airshow port-o-let prop for him to use in his talks.

The voice of God himself , Morgan Freeman
Jason Momoa
JP2

Last edited:
Met Bob Hoover at Sun n Fun years ago when he was hawking his book. Nice guy, very friendly.

The Clintons
Philippe Cousteau - Son of Jacques Cousteau
Little Rock Nine
Harrison Ford
Sully
E. Nowlin - Designed the Lunar Lander Computers
Apollo 13 Crew
Gene Kranz

Barbara Streisand
Drummer for Sublime(can't remember his name)
Kenny Loggins
Tori Amos
**** man...can't remember them all. I grew up in Santa Barbara and it was no big deal to us. We'd see Hollywood trash all the time in Montecito or anywhere near State St. Kim Kardashians wedding was effing retarded. Wasn't in it, but around it. What a cluster F.....

Worked security at a Concourse De Elegance and that was unreal with celebs. Jay Leno brought out a lot of cool ****. I got to sit in some priceless jaguar from way back. Pretty sure most people there **** gold nuggets and wiped with Benjamin's.

I was at Mt. Home AFB and watched Chuck Yeager get in one of our F-16's to take his last Air Force flight as PIC in 1997. Wikipedia says otherwise but I am almost positive I am right. Out of all the famous people I have meet that one meant the most to me. Bruce Willis also flew with us around the same time but as a passenger in a D model.

Shucks, I thought this was just aviation related while meeting the folks

I have met, and had drinks with, virtually every man living that walked on the moon (except John Young and Jack Shmidt) as well as most every living command module pilot, plus the ever so famous Jim Lovell. In addition the same can be said for the entire Appolo 9 crew, and Walt Cunningham from Apollo 7. Also many Shuttle astronauts.

Yeah, I'm a space geek.

Lester Barnhart, tallest midget in Ellis County.

Aviation:
Bob Hoover
Gene Kranz
James Lovell
Fred Haise
Sean D. Tucker
Patty Wagstaff

Other (no particular order):
Cindy Crawford
Bo Derek
Carol Burnett
Rodney Dangerfield
Brooke Shields (college classmate)
John Elway, Mike Shanahan, and lots of other members of the Broncos organization over the years
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Joe Theismann
Roger Craig
Tommy Lee and Heather Locklear
Michael Phelps
Bill Gates
Warren Buffet
Steve Jobs
... plus many more than I thought when I started this. That's enough!

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot.

This guy.

Roger Armstrong was a neighbor, when I was a kid living in Dana Point. I used to play with his kids.

Met Parvarti from Survivor. She's just like how she was on TV.

Back