Flight Magazine subscription

orange

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Orange
They sent me a $10/year offer.

I have never read it. I received Pilot Training magazine (or whatever it is called) from AOPA during training, but I didn't renew AOPA so it stopped. Is Flying any good?

Thanks.

It's not catered to small GA. Mostly corporate or airlines. Lots of "there I was" stories. Recycled stuff just like most aviation mags do. Used to be pretty thick and now it's turning into a small pamphlet. Think they're hurting financially.

Last edited:
It's ok. Martha Lunken's column the best (and funniest) thing in there.

I my opinion it's the best flying magazine, which is not saying much. Usually about two columns an issue that I read, scan the rest.

Are you talking about Flying, or Flight? Two different pubs. Martha writes for Flying (maybe she writes for Flight too, I dunno, but she definitely writes for Flying). I subscribe to Flying and credit it for motivating me to get back into flying after a 20 year hiatus. I enjoy all their columnists. Usually there's one feature article I find relevant, and one I don't (usually the Bizjet reviews). They recently redesigned their entire layout, which I don't care for. YMMV.

I enjoy parts of it and the price is right. I enjoy the stories from the 777 captain and the business jet pilot. The accident investigations and "there I was" type of stories are very good imo and a great way to learn and remind yourself of hazards.

Are you talking about Flying, or Flight? Two different pubs. Martha writes for Flying (maybe she writes for Flight too, I dunno, but she definitely writes for Flying). I subscribe to Flying and credit it for motivating me to get back into flying after a 20 year hiatus. I enjoy all their columnists. Usually there's one feature article I find relevant, and one I don't (usually the Bizjet reviews). They recently redesigned their entire layout, which I don't care for. YMMV.

Please get your titles straight. If you're talking about Flying, it's still a great read and a good buy. Don't know about the other one.

I'm talking about Flying magazine, sorry.

I really like it. It has great articles that are actually interessting and well written. It's one of the only magazines I pretty much read cover to cover each issue. For 10 bucks how can you go wrong?!?!

It's a good magazine with interesting stories. Have you ever read any of the Sport Aviation magazines? They're good too!

$10/year, plus that sweet hat where the bill is made out of card stock for Flying magazine?

I keep the subscription for Martha Lunken's column

I held out for a free hat. Then subscribed for $10.

The hat was pretty good. Martha Lunken, too. Then I let the subscription lapse and I could still enjoy the hat.

If you subscribe online it's only $8.

If you subscribe online it's only $8.
Thanks.

I just signed up for $8. However, after I put in my info and CC and clicked Submit, the confirmation page says "Thank you for your subscription. All Access to Flying, 12 issues for $14.00"

WTF? They almost doubled the price on me. I will be contacting customer service to get that fixed. Not a good first impression with this magazine.:mad:

I despise magazines that almost require you to pay by CC so they can keep billing for renewals. ****es me off and I won't do it. Send the bill and I'll pay by check.

Right now I have subscriptions to and read KitPlanes, EAA and AOPA magazines and enjoy them in that order. Flying would be some distant place below these. I think there are other aviation magazines I'd be more likely to subscribe to before Flying. It's the glamor magazine of flying - all glossy photo shoots about airplanes I'll never fly doing things I'll never do unless I win the lottery.

I'm still going back and forth on which plane to build. Thought I'd settled on the Zenith CH-650, but I love the visibility out of the 750 Cruzer and I like having a plane that is more capable than LSA specs. Or one of the Airdome WW-1 replicas (maybe Robert will design a Jenny). Or maybe just forget LSA for now and go with a Cherokee. The point is, none of these really match into Flying's glam image, therefore they're low on my list.

Thanks.

I just signed up for $8. However, after I put in my info and CC and clicked Submit, the confirmation page says "Thank you for your subscription. All Access to Flying, 12 issues for $14.00"

WTF? They almost doubled the price on me. I will be contacting customer service to get that fixed. Not a good first impression with this magazine.:mad:
I had a terrible time with Flying's billing department. I let my subscription expire because had too many magazines. I still get official looking "past due" bills every few months. My guess is they hope someone is not paying attention and will collect. They could have the best articles in the business and I will never subscribe to them again.

I think they offer a print version subscription, on-line only subscription, and both. Unlike some pubs, I know they charge extra to add on-line subscription to print (so I stick w/ print). When you talk to customer service, know what you want and clarify what they're selling you for $14. You may have inadvertently signed up for "both."

Back