Barefoot Bandit due for release

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Barefoot Bandit, Although his official release date is January, 2017, Harris-Moore might be furloughed into a work release program this summer.

Time for extra locks?

Someone actually got convicted for flying without shoes? I thought flying in sandals was bad enough! Wow!!!

He was barefoot when he approached the planes, but there real crime was wearing socks and sandals while he flew.

Didn't this guy get some sort of book and movie deal out of his exploits? Didn't his mom go to jail too?

He was barefoot when he approached the planes, but there real crime was wearing socks and sandals while he flew.

That is a severe offense. I have been known to fly barefoot, with sandals, or with shoes and socks (depends on the occasion), but I would never combine socks and sandals.

Looks like they released a documentary about him in 2015 per IMDb. He received $1.15M for the rights to his story, which he paid to the court as restitution for the victims of his crimes. He is trying was trying to raise $200k in crowd source funding to have his mother, who was dying of cancer, cryogenically frozen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1884273/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

A telling of the life of Colton Harris-Moore, notorious young airplane thief. A young boys dream of flying and designing airplanes becomes a reality when he breaks out of a halfway house at the age of 15 and steals the first of five airplanes. Colton's captor, lawyer, mother, the FBI team that hunted him for several years tell the almost unbelievable story of The Barefoot Bandit.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, has there been any update with regards to rehabilitation for him? Do authorities feel that he still poses a danger to society or that he might commit the same crimes? I always try to keep an eye on my airfield, but even more so when this guy was running around.

Looks like they released a documentary about him in 2015 per IMDb.

A telling of the life of Colton Harris-Moore, notorious young airplane thief. A young boys dream of flying and designing airplanes becomes a reality when he breaks out of a halfway house at the age of 15 and steals the first of five airplanes. Colton's captor, lawyer, mother, the FBI team that hunted him for several years tell the almost unbelievable story of The Barefoot Bandit.

Sounds like the bio of a explorer, not a scum bag theif, oh TV drama lol

Looks like they released a documentary about him in 2015 per IMDb. He received $1.15M for the rights to his story, which he paid to the court as restitution for the victims of his crimes. He is trying was trying to raise $200k in crowd source funding to have his mother, who was dying of cancer, cryogenically frozen.

Remember the American kid in Singapore who vandalized cars and had his butt whipped publicly until his shoes were full of blood? Hint: he never did it again. That would be the minimum I'd give this little maggot before letting him breathe our good air.

In all seriousness, has there been any update with regards to rehabilitation for him? Do authorities feel that he still poses a danger to society or that he might commit the same crimes? I always try to keep an eye on my airfield, but even more so when this guy was running around.

Don't know about this kid, but Frank Abangnale managed to turn his life around. It's possible this kid can as well.

I didn't think you were entitled to money from books or movies about your story if you were convicted of a crime for doing it.

Don't know the exact specifics, but from what I understand is that the individual can't benefit, but the proceeds can be donated to victims and/or some charity. Although it doesn't put quite so much hurt on the perp himself, it does help the victims get compensation/restitution.

Harris Moore, still only 19, was arrested in Harbor Island, Bahamas, on July 11, 2010, after police shot out the engine of the boat in which he was attempting to flee. Isn't he still facing extradition to the Bahamas for what he did their.

One would think that he never would have been extradited from the Bahamas until his legal issues there were resolved.

That is a severe offense. I have been known to fly barefoot, with sandals, or with shoes and socks (depends on the occasion), but I would never combine socks and sandals.
Sometimes I fly with socks and sandals. Of course, I don't give a **** what people think of the combo. Girlfriend hates it! Says it's too Asian...(and she's Asian).

I prefer to fly barefoot. When people ask why I tell them it's because I'll know sooner if the engine is on fire and every second could mean the difference between life and death. Half of them look at me like I'm insane, the others like I'm a genius.

Sometimes I fly with socks and sandals. Of course, I don't give a **** what people think of the combo. Girlfriend hates it! Says it's too Asian...(and she's Asian)

I've actually been known to wear socks and sandals before, although typically if it's hot enough for me to wear sandals I don't want to wear socks.

Fashion is typically right up there on my list with owning fuel efficient vehicles.

With a little bit of cleaning up he could be an excellent asset for Delta Force or a field operative in the clandestine services. Think about it - this is the exact skill set they try to train into the most honest Boy Scout-like of our military. Sometimes it's truly easier to take a juvie and just get them pointed in a more helpful direction.

I'm just glad I'm still alive after some of the things I did when I was a teen. Brains of teenagers aren't operating on the same level that (most of) our's are. I agree that a good caning was in order, some time behind bars, now let's see if he joins the productive half of our population.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...released-from-prison-join-his-attorneys-firm/

Already has his first job lined up.

The former fugitive who became known to the world as the “Barefoot Bandit” is about to be released from prison and will take a part-time job with the Seattle attorney who represented him in court.

John Henry Browne, a high-profile attorney whose clients have also included serial killer Ted Bundy, confirmed Wednesday that Colton Harris-Moore, 25, will do clerical work and answer telephones in his Pioneer Square offices after he’s released from prison to a halfway house...

According to court records, Harris-Moore turned to crime as a child out of hunger and neglect from his alcoholic and abusive mother. Pamela Kohler, of Camano Island, died of cancer earlier this year even as Harris-Moore, from prison, desperately tried to raise money to have her cryogenically frozen with the hope she could be cured of cancer later.

Browne said the death was hard on Harris-Moore, but “in some ways I think it was a relief and has freed him.”

With a little bit of cleaning up he could be an excellent asset for Delta Force or a field operative in the clandestine services. Think about it - this is the exact skill set they try to train into the most honest Boy Scout-like of our military. Sometimes it's truly easier to take a juvie and just get them pointed in a more helpful direction.

Good point. There's a lot of merit to "If you want to catch a crook, hire a crook." Plenty of instances of that happening now.

Browne said the death was hard on Harris-Moore, but “in some ways I think it was a relief and has freed him.”

A lot to be said for that. Sometimes goodbye is the best thing that can happen.

Back