Had to surrender my certificate...

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
And all they gave me in return was this flimsy piece of paper.
But on the plus side, at least I'll get more than 3 hours of sleep tonight.

2016-06-30%2018.55.04.jpg

@jordane93 I was April 25th as well at GoJet, and they were also backed-up. A sim slot opened up at the last minute so I was able to bump up my schedule by almost 4 weeks.

@jordane93 I was April 25th as well at GoJet, and they were also backed-up. A sim slot opened up at the last minute so I was able to bump up my schedule by almost 4 weeks.
I wish that was my case. I have MV scheduled for July 4th then nothing else on my schedule after that. We have 4 LOFT sims then LOE. I don't anticipate to take my check ride until mid July. Congrats again on the type!

How'd you manage to get to that point never working as a single engine CPL?

@James331 Not sure I follow? I did have single- and multi-engine on my CPL; Does this new one not simply upgrade the ME portion to ATP?

I thought you were only a PPL SEL

I thought this was sure to devolve into an argument about how hundreds of hours of CFI pattern work, flying banners, and dropping meat bombs in a single is the only legitimate way to 1500 hours. A little disappointed. I love a good trainwreck.

@jordane93 I did think that was off, but they said it was good. I'll talk to them tomorrow before my LOFT.

@gasfiltered Lol, sorry to disappoint. But alas, the night is young... I'm just glad I was fortunate to avoid that route.

@James331 Not sure I follow? I did have single- and multi-engine on my CPL; Does this new one not simply upgrade the ME portion to ATP?

Yep, they screwed up on your Commercial SEL privileges.

But congrats on the Type! The CRJ is a good flying machine. You'll enjoy it. 725 hours in it so far...trying to hit the 1,000 mark this Fall.

It should commercial privelages only airplane single engine land or something like that

When I got my ATP CL-65 type I have my single engine land and sea still on it but with commercial privelages only!

Also welcome to the CRJ! Been flying it a few years, good plane....just stay out of the 200 in the summer time....wayyyyyy to hot. I trade around to make sure I'm only in the 700/900 in the summer time!

It should commercial privelages only airplane single engine land or something like that

When I got my ATP CL-65 type I have my single engine land and sea still on it but with commercial privelages only!

Also welcome to the CRJ! Been flying it a few years, good plane....just stay out of the 200 in the summer time....wayyyyyy to hot. I trade around to make sure I'm only in the 700/900 in the summer time!
They don't have 200s. Mostly 7s and a handful of 9s

Thanks everybody for the heads-up on that mistake; The examiner is gonna run a new one tomorrow.

Normally they also say something like "ATP circling approach VMC only" . It usually says for the type like yours but it also says for the ATP certificate too. So on that note you got a better deal than normal.

Go Jet...
Congrats, I guess... I know regionals will hire anyone with a heartbeat, but it's known Gojet will hire anyone without a beartbeat.
Tell Kim I said hi!!!!

Congrats man! I was on a Gojet jumpseat just last week. Good guys. Good luck out there.

Along with the commercial SEL screw up. I think they forgot to add "ATP circling approach VMC only" to the limitations.

@Gucci Pilot Yeah, I asked him what that all meant, and he kinda explained how it is indeed only a limitation on the CL-65 type, but not the whole ATP because that's all they can train/test for, and it's not supposed to limit my entire ATP privileges. I honestly don't really understand or care much beyond that, as I'm only using my ATP at GJS for now and we can only circle in VMC...

That's what I was going to add, it only applies for the CL-65. I had it on mine for the ATR 42/72 and CL-65. Those airplanes were the only ones affected by the restriction.

@Gucci Pilot Yeah, I asked him what that all meant, and he kinda explained how it is indeed only a limitation on the CL-65 type, but not the whole ATP because that's all they can train/test for, and it's not supposed to limit my entire ATP privileges. I honestly don't really understand or care much beyond that, as I'm only using my ATP at GJS for now and we can only circle in VMC...
Everyone I know at the regionals has it for the type and the certificate. If you didn't fly a circle in the sim in IMC then you should have it both for type and cert , since you didn't do it for either. I have a very close relationship with a G7 pilot and she has that on her certificate. You lucked out.

That's what I was going to add, it only applies for the CL-65. I had it on mine for the ATR 42/72 and CL-65. Those airplanes were the only ones affected by the restriction.
It might be a newer thing then.

Yeah I just pulled up some of my regional buddies on the airman cert branch website and all of theirs say:

"CL-65 circling approach VMC only
ATP circling approach VMC only"

Oh and it isn't just on the CL-65. I have friends flying the ERJ 145, 170/190, A-310, 757/767 and they all have that limitation on their type. As @NJP_MAN said, if you didn't do it in the training, you don't get it on the type. If you do your ATP in say a Seminole or Seneca and actually do a circling approach, then you don't have that ATP circling restriction. I know a lot of the foreign airlines want that removed if you go overseas.

Last edited:
Circling restrictions in type are sop in airlines. It only means you can't circle in that type of airplane (unless you have a no circle ATP restriction). Airliners today are not allowed to circle by OP specs, so they simply don't require a demonstration on a type ride. We can do a VFR circle, which is basically a VFR break off to a downwind.

Completely normal in the 121 world.

Yeah I just pulled up some of my regional buddies on the airman cert branch website and all of theirs say:

"CL-65 circling approach VMC only
ATP circling approach VMC only"

Oh and it isn't just on the CL-65. I have friends flying the ERJ 145, 170/190, A-310, 757/767 and they all have that limitation on their type. As @NJP_MAN said, if you didn't do it in the training, you don't get it on the type. If you do your ATP in say a Seminole or Seneca and actually do a circling approach, then you don't have that ATP circling restriction. I know a lot of the foreign airlines want that removed if you go overseas.
Exactly. I did it in the sim for my ATP ride so I got a "Circling in IMC" kind of ATP.

Circling restrictions in type are sop in airlines. It only means you can't circle in that type of airplane (unless you have a no circle ATP restriction). Airliners today are not allowed to circle by OP specs, so they simply don't require a demonstration on a type ride. We can do a VFR circle, which is basically a VFR break off to a downwind.

Completely normal in the 121 world.

Sums it up nicely. Emphasis on the "VFR Circle" is allowed.

Back