Ramp Worker Killed at RDU

Sounds like a raw deal. Did you know the person?

Man I hate to hear that - I heard about it at work yesterday but I assumed it was someone working on the new terminal. Hopefully that's the last news out of RDU for a while...

I'm going out for a walkthrough of the new terminal next week I believe so I'll try to get some pictures for you guys

Of course, it's called preplanning ;) Someone sets off the fire alarm in terminal A about twice a week so I anticipate getting to know it quite well after they open it up............

Of course, it's called preplanning ;) Someone sets off the fire alarm in terminal A about twice a week so I anticipate getting to know it quite well after they open it up............

Aaahhhh. Nice. Did I tell you about the time my brother set RDU on fire and the CRF had to come and put it out?

Aaahhhh. Nice. Did I tell you about the time my brother set RDU on fire and the CRF had to come and put it out?

Hmmm.... My chief pilot did that at Anchorage International. During ground training company policy was to demonstrate fire extinguisher use by actually putting out a fire. The chief pilot would gather everyone around and he would light a fire in the parking lot. We'd all get a shot on the fire extinguisher and try to smother it, but not actually put it out, except for the last guy.

Anyway, one time I guess the last guy didn't quite get it out and there were a few hidden embers left. The unwitting chief pilot threw the remnants into the nearby dumpster and brought everyone back into the class room.

About 30 minutes later there was a gathering of fire trucks in our parking lot. They were all hanging around the now very wet and smoldering dumpster.

I STILL rib him about it when I get a chance to talk to him. :rofl:

Back