Able Flight Announcement

maddog52

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
maddog52
Here's a link to the Able Flight home page talking about one of their Air Venture events. Some of you might recognize Kate in the photos.

ABLE FLIGHT ANNOUNCES SPECIAL AWARDS CEREMONY AT AIRVENTURE 2007
Mark Your Calendar for Friday July 27th Noon in AeroShell Square!

www.ableflight.org

See you there!!​

shucks i probably wont be able to make it. planning on driving up but likely not leaving Rockford until noonish. have fun!

Here's a link to the Able Flight home page talking about one of their Air Venture events. Some of you might recognize Kate in the photos.

ABLE FLIGHT ANNOUNCES SPECIAL AWARDS CEREMONY AT AIRVENTURE 2007
Mark Your Calendar for Friday July 27th Noon in AeroShell Square!

Wow, Kate, how cool! I'd like to hear more about what you've been doing with these pilots. Did I miss a thread about that?

Thanks everyone!

Diana: No you didn't really miss anything; it's just that I haven't had much spare time in the past month to write a post! :eek:

Hey guess what.... We're on the front page of the Oshkosh Northwestern newspaper today! Here is a link to the story (I don't know how long it will work):

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps...0101/707190447/1128/OSHnews&template=printart

We will also be in an upcoming issue of EAA's Sport Pilot magazine (not the bigger one, Sport Aviation, but the smaller one for sport flying).

I am working with Sean to finish him up this weekend. This has been a great experience. Challenging & fast-paced. I owe a lot to the folks hosting me here at their house & hangar right on Wittman Field. Also I really like flying the Sky Arrow 600 Sport!!!

Thanks everyone!

Diana: No you didn't really miss anything; it's just that I haven't had much spare time in the past month to write a post! :eek:

Hey guess what.... We're on the front page of the Oshkosh Northwestern newspaper today! Here is a link to the story (I don't know how long it will work):

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps...0101/707190447/1128/OSHnews&template=printart

We will also be in an upcoming issue of EAA's Sport Pilot magazine (not the bigger one, Sport Aviation, but the smaller one for sport flying).

I am working with Sean to finish him up this weekend. This has been a great experience. Challenging & fast-paced. I owe a lot to the folks hosting me here at their house & hangar right on Wittman Field. Also I really like flying the Sky Arrow 600 Sport!!!

Great article, and congratulations!

Sean passed his sport pilot checkride this morning!

We moved the plane up to my hometown of Clintonville over the weekend and did the checkride there.

There will be a forum about Able Flight at 2:30 today (Monday) in the Castrol Aviator Pavilion (#3).

Congratulations Sean!!! Welcome to the community of aviators.

Kate, nice job and thanks for all the hard work!!!

See Ya'll on Wednesday.
Mitch

heres a nice shot of Kate receiving her major award at Oshkosh, good work!!!

Attachments

• DSC01351.JPG
    DSC01351.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 47
Congrats and great job to both of you! Kudos, too, to the Pilotcast guys for making that announcement in the Pod-A-Palooza episode.

Thanks everyone!

Things are finally settling back down to normal for me here ("normal" being "just a little less busy than before").

At first Sean thought he'd want to take a breather from flying and not think about planes for a little while upon returning home... then, not too long afterward, his next e-mail talked about wanting to fly and wanting an airplane! I have produced an addict! He is hoping to buy a Sky Arrow or other airplane with hand controls and perhaps put it on leaseback with the local flight school where he's from near Philly. (Wings Field?)

The organization is looking at how to finish Rob up -- he had to go home a little way into the program due to an issue with shrapnel in his eye (from the IED attack he encountered in Iraq). He should be able to get back into training soon.

I flew the Sky Arrow back to the Atlanta area last week Wednesday evening through Friday afternoon. I brought my private pilot student Chris along and he actually did most of the flying. As an odd coincidence, the director of Able Flight just happened to stop at Bloomington, IN 15 minutes before we landed there, and neither of us knew we'd be passing through the area that day. We ended up rooming together at the house on the airport overnight to wait out an afternoon of storms to the south.

I made some great new friends through this program and it was very rewarding and interesting. My students were an inspiration and I grew as instructor because of the experience. I would do it again.

Take a look at http://www.ableflight.org if you haven't already, and please consider supporting this organization. Consider how flying has changed your life and how it could change the life of someone with a disability.

Last edited:
Wow, I was at Osh all week and the more I read on here... the more I find out that I missed.

Kate,
glad you had a great trip back, im sure your student loved it, what a wonderful experience! Wish I coulda gone. Hey what was the tail number for that Sky Arrow that we flew? Did I mention i had a blast flying it? Ive been telling EVERYONE!

and once again, great work with this project :yes:

Kate,
glad you had a great trip back, im sure your student loved it, what a wonderful experience! Wish I coulda gone. Hey what was the tail number for that Sky Arrow that we flew? Did I mention i had a blast flying it? Ive been telling EVERYONE!

and once again, great work with this project :yes:

Tony, N423SA was the tail number of the Sky Arrow we sent to Wisconsin that Kate was flying. Glad you liked it. It really is a unique aircraft to fly.

Mitch

sure is Mitch, i found it pretty darn cool!

Hey Mitch, wasn't there supposed to be a glider towing option available or soon to be? :D I think Tony got hooked on this thing during our flight from Clintonville to Brennand!

id love to test it as a towplane. bring one up :)

Hey Mitch, wasn't there supposed to be a glider towing option available or soon to be? :D I think Tony got hooked on this thing during our flight from Clintonville to Brennand!

Yep Kate, But I haven't seen one yet and we won't order one unless we get a specific request. Maybe you could talk Sean into ordering one for his. BTW 423SA says hello and wonders when you'll be back.

Mitch

oh yes Kate, get shawn to get one, then have him move to Cedar Rapids. it would pull my glider easy!!!

Yep Kate,

I haven't seen one yet and we probably won't order one unless we get a specific request. Maybe you can talk Sean into ordering it for his. BTW 423SA says hello and wonders when you'll be back.

Mitch

Back