Anyone feel like talking to me?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
We got these nifty test phones today at T-Mobile, so we could screw around with them and learn all the nifty features of the phone (and to fall in love with the T-Mo service). I got a Motorola RAZR T3. Its pretty dang fancy.

So - I post this number on the internet, mostly beause I need to test the phone, and I don't care about the number (it will soon dissappear anyways, in a few weeks). So you wanna talk to me? Feel free to call me, anytime in the next 3 weeks or so, at BLOCKED BY SECRET SERVICE. I've got 2000 minutes to burn, and plenty of time to use those minutes.

Alternatively, you can text message me there too.

Last edited:
LOL. A few people actually did call me, and a few others texted me (trying to figure out if I should call it texting or SMSing)...

That said, if you want to, by all means, do. I think the best way to learn my stuff is to use this POS phone...

Yeah, I said it, I don't like the RAZR.

What happens if you just call 900 numbers? Are there "976" numbers any more? I saw that line in Pretty Woman recently and realized I don't see them advertised.

Or, there's the chat lines I see plaguing late night TV? Heck, did they give you limitations on WHO you could call? :)

What happens if you just call 900 numbers? Are there "976" numbers any more? I saw that line in Pretty Woman recently and realized I don't see them advertised.

Or, there's the chat lines I see plaguing late night TV? Heck, did they give you limitations on WHO you could call? :)

LOL, actually, 900, 976 and a bunch of other numbers are blocked on all T-Mo accounts, including this one :D

LOL. A few people actually did call me, and a few others texted me (trying to figure out if I should call it texting or SMSing)...

That said, if you want to, by all means, do. I think the best way to learn my stuff is to use this POS phone...

Like I mentioned to you in the txt I sent, I agree with you. I hate the RAZR and am a loyal LG user. My LG VX8300 has held up great, and my LG phone before that did too!

My dad has gone through 5 or 6 Motorola E850's in the past year or so. Seems like a crappy product to me, and it sure does skip across the ramp a lot (falls out of the belt clip).

what dont you like? i got a RAZR when i switched to Verizon and i like it. seems pretty durable.

Couple things. First, every phone I've ever had has the buttons the other way around. Space is under star instead of pound. Delete should be on the right.The menu button is just stuck in the middle of the phone,but in an akward location above the up arrow. The buttons are recessed enough that it make pressing them difficult for my fat fingers.

It also feels like I would break it very easily.

you must have a different version than mine. my space key is the same button as pound. menu in in the middle of the 4 arrows.

when i bought mine the lady selling it made me buy these clip on covers. she saw the cracked mess that was my old phone. most of the paint was chipped and i had 4 cracks in the screen on that one. ive been happy with the durablilty of my razr so far. ive dropped it several times. i too was worried that with it being a flip phone it would break easily. scott told me it wouldnt so i bought it.

Wait, so you're doesn't look like this then? (I've labeled my most "ugh" moments)

Attachments

• motorola-razr-v3t-open.jpg
    motorola-razr-v3t-open.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 38
nope. to hit menu i press the circle in the middle of the arrows. there is no soft key above the arrows. left of the arrows i push to activate camera. right of arrows i CLR. a little envelope symbol is associated with the number 1. theres some weird square arrow circle thing with my star key and a space with the pound. ill post a picture tonight

Have you figured out howto turn off tghe damned predictive texting?

I hate that feature! On my Nextel when I clear out a call, I have one line for signature and one for a note. The signature line is by character. The note line is predictive texting. I've never been able to figure out how it even "predicts" what you're trying to write.

Today, I signed out one ticket with "Door Step" in the signaure line and was putting "per note" in the note line. I'd get to the p then managed to get in an e... when I attempt an r, I hit the 7 key three times and end up with "pespr" which makes no sense!

Let's not forget the crappy battery life. I have to charge mine twice a day now. When it was new it would sometimes last a whole day.

Joe

Actually, yeah, I did. But I love predictive texting. I can actually text near as fast as I can talk....

Except on the RAZR, because I keep hitting # instead of * to insert a space. (hitting # changes from predictive text to alphanumeric to numerals)

Today, I signed out one ticket with "Door Step" in the signaure line and was putting "per note" in the note line. I'd get to the p then managed to get in an e... when I attempt an r, I hit the 7 key three times and end up with "pespr" which makes no sense!

Its pretty easy, once you learn how to use it:

Door = 3667
Step = 7837

If it shows the wrong word, either up/down or left/right (depending on the phone) changes to the next word it could be.

nope. to hit menu i press the circle in the middle of the arrows. there is no soft key above the arrows. left of the arrows i push to activate camera. right of arrows i CLR. a little envelope symbol is associated with the number 1. theres some weird square arrow circle thing with my star key and a space with the pound. ill post a picture tonight
Mine is slightly different from yours (I have a Sprint Razr VM-3 if that makes a difference). Where you have a button for your camera, I have a speakerphone key (like that feature). The rest of mine is the same as Tony's (no menu above the arrows).

Things I dislike the most, inability to switch order for contacts phone (I always get mobile first, and some folks I hardly ever call on their cell). Automatic assignment of speed dial numbers (had everyone's number memorized... now it's all mixed up. Yeah, I can re-do them, but it still ends up screwed up when I ad a new entry. Can't it simply ask what number I want to assign?? :mad:). Inability (might be me) to download any of the free ringtones and make them work. Also, aren't I supposed to be able to assign specific tones to specific callers (instead of just one tone for "known" numbers, and another for "unknown". Phone came with a pack of crappy screen savers I've been unable to delete from "my pictures".

Likes? The voice recognition works pretty well (at least if I'm not in a noisy environment). And it works well with bluetooth devices. The MP-3 player is a good idea (but I've got an iPod Nano anyway). And the battery is fairly easy to change (if I don't have it in a case). I now have 5 OEM batteries, a stand alone battery charger (off the phone, so I can keep going) and a car charger. Nope, battery has not been a problem. Oh, and I like Sprint's TV feature, but I can see ABSOLUTLEY NO USE for their internet on this phone the way it currently (doesn't really) works. Overall, a decent phone. More research next time maybe....

Have you figured out how to turn off the damned predictive texting?
Didn't know about the # key. Pretty sure I was able to switch it off using the "Smart button" on the left side (same key to activate voice command). Then again, I've never sent a text msg. Might have to send one to Nick!

Last edited:
a few days late but heres my phone for your viewing pleasure

Last edited:
Feel free to call me, anytime in the next 3 weeks or so, at BLOCKED BY SECRET SERVICE. I've got 2000 minutes to burn, and plenty of time to use those minutes.

emphasis mine

Last edited:
a few days late but heres my phone for your viewing pleasure

Hmm, that is totally different. I wonder if the extra button is simply because of the addition of myFaves. Looking at other companies' RAZR shows a button scheme similar to yours....

Ok - I got phone #2 today. Its a Nokia 6301. Not bad, certainly more user friendly and "phone-ish" than the RAZR. I like it. Its got some more complex ringer stuff.

The one downside that I've found so far is that I cannot set a ringtone to each person in my phonebook, only to "groups" of members in the phonebook. That's no good. Same phone number though, so if y'all wanna give me a call, shoot me an SMS, or even see me on AIM and hit me up, I'll be using the phone to respond.

Next week will probably be a Samsung phone of some sort. Or a PEBL. Not sure which.

Ok - I got phone #2 today. Its a Nokia 6301. Not bad, certainly more user friendly and "phone-ish" than the RAZR. I like it. Its got some more complex ringer stuff.

I've generally found that Nokia is pretty good at designing a decent user interface, while Motorola's UI's tend to suck.

I had a Moto phone once (the old early Nextel "off-road" one) where to just change the ringer volume you had to do something like *#72 to get to the right screen. Yuck.

Things I dislike the most, inability to switch order for contacts phone (I always get mobile first, and some folks I hardly ever call on their cell).

Y'know, if you had an iPhone... :D

I think the way the iPhone works is it just puts 'em in the order YOU put 'em. Of course, since you see all the numbers on the contact's screen, you just tap the one you want anyway.

My old phone worked as you describe above, I didn't like that "feature" either. :no:

ah, but I long for my old Motorola flip phone. No screens, no menus, just number pad and volume up/down ...

I've generally found that Nokia is pretty good at designing a decent user interface, while Motorola's UI's tend to suck.

I had a Moto phone once (the old early Nextel "off-road" one) where to just change the ringer volume you had to do something like *#72 to get to the right screen. Yuck.
That was the alternative way to the ringer. The fastest was to close the flip and use the volume buttons or with it open (or if it was a non flip model) push the smart key and then volume buttons.

Ok, I'll give my final update here: I have a Samsung Test phone (and have since last tuesday), and I think of all the handsets that T-Mo offers (not including the Data Devices), Samsung wins. Motorola phones just suck. Nokia's aren't bad, but Samsung kicks the llammas butt. Reasons will be told when I'm not shaking sleep out of my eyes,

That was the alternative way to the ringer. The fastest was to close the flip and use the volume buttons or with it open (or if it was a non flip model) push the smart key and then volume buttons.

Doesn't sound like the model I had. Even if it was, the "smart" way wasn't in the manual. The fact that I had to look in the manual to determine how to perform such a simple function shows the very high suck factor of the user interface...

Back